Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

Hey everyone, just today at the thrift store my boyfriend bought me this gorgeous hooded DKNY jacket that I had been eyeing but hadn’t had the money for. In the store, it was a great army green, he even said so himself that it was a great color! But when I looked at it in the car, it was suddenly brown! I thought maybe it was just my eyes from the nighttime, but when I brought it into my house, it turned green again in the living room, then by the time it hit my bedroom it was brown again! Not that it’s bad brown, but I liked it best green and I’m baffled by this whole situation! So can anyone tell me, did DKNY at some point in their DKNY Classic label, make some sort of light-sensitive corduroy jacket? Or does corduroy just do this? lol any logical answer would suffice!

thank you!

Locker 193

posted over 3 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

The actual color of the jacket is probably a brown-green mix, and the type of light you’re standing in affects how you see the color. The very definition of color is the way visible light reflects off different surfaces, so when the light is different, the color can change. Maybe you’ve noticed how when walking in from bright daylight to a darker room the people inside look strangely green with purple lips for a few minutes? Or how you can looked washed out or sallow under flourescent lights at work and school? It’s the same thing.

Some surfaces demonstrate light change more dramatically than others. For example, my grandparents’ car looks silver in their garage, steel blue in the sun, and pale green on overcast days. And my eyes go from blue to grey to green depending on the light and what I’m wearing. So it’s probably that the particular color of this jacket is very sensitive to differences in light. The differences between daylight, dim light, fluorescent light, incandescent light, etc can be pretty profound, so that explains why it can look like a completely different jacket depending on where you’re looking at it.

posted over 3 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

Wow, i never knew that stuff could happen with clothing fabrics unless they were made that way haha cool beans, you learn something new every day! Thank you!

Locker 193

posted over 3 years ago

magali
Style_council
magali

Wow MurasakiNeko, I didn’t know that either, thanks! :)

posted over 3 years ago

SilviaTirado
Style_council
SilviaTirado

Very useful info! HAHA!

posted over 3 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

A new knowledge today ! :D

posted over 3 years ago

heck
Style_council
heck

I have a throw blanket just like this. I originally thought it was green and was very impressed my boyfriend would actually buy something not brown or tan. But seeing it in a different light I realized it’s actually brown…and all the furniture in the living room is still of the brown/beige shade lol

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION