Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

So most days if I have to go anywhere, I might be in slacks, 2 inch heels and a stylish top. Of course a bit of makeup and hair done a bit (it looks frizzy if I do nothing).
So if I see someone I know, I hear about how good I look or asked if I have a date. Yeah right, I have the dating life of a nun.

Is it just so many people look like crap that it is unusual to see someone who takes pride in how they dress? I figure like this – we have to wear at least a top and a bottom and shoes, so why not wear something that looks good?

Just seems weird to me to be asked where I am going just cause I am not running around in a ragged tank and shorts I got from the dollar store. I have some ragged clothes yes but the only time I wear them is if I am planning on doing some kind of gross work and don’t care if they get more ruined.
what about you?

posted over 1 year ago
patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

I hear you,I used to date a guy who make fun of me because of my makeup,and it was light makeup,not even lipstick,im taking about foundation ,mascara,and eyeliner!!!

posted over 1 year ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

Totally know the feeling. At my university we have a mix of people who dress nice all the time, and those who just don’t (usually sorority girls…seriously). I know it can be annoying, but don’t let it get to you! There’s no problem with taking a little pride in your appearance. I recently found a new quote, “Always dress like you’re going to meet your worst enemy.” keep up the good work!

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I get you! Fortunately, everybody in my city tends to dress like you said you do. So, when I’m dressed too comfortable (a thing that I like) people look at me like “wtf?”. Idk, in my oppinion everybody should dress how they feel good and how they want!

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION