Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

Since today, I guess, every Chictopian can make only 40 comments per day (I don’t if comments/answers on personal uploads are counted too, I guess so)……This is SO unfair :(
I do love spending an hour per day (if I have the time to do that) commenting on the looks I love most, specially if they are from my friends list. I love to share opinions on new outfits…
This is totally unfair :( I don’t see the point of doing that…. This won’t help new members to join the community, since I’ll prefer to use my 40 comments for people I already know than new ones…

This really make me sad…!

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

Thank you so much Cheri and Chictopia staff for listening to us!!
:D

posted over 4 years ago

libys11
Style_council
libys11

thanks cheri!! :D

posted over 4 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

I’m late but thanks Cheri! I think it’s a great compromise.

I love surfing this site and leaving comments, especially for people who I know don’t get comments because they’re new. When I started out, I would get excited every time someone left me a comment, even if it was just about a certain item I was wearing, not necessarily the entire look. I like knowing that I can at least make newbies feel like they belong by leaving a comment about their look or their blog entry. I usually leave more than 40 a day, so I love the new rule! :)

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

In all honesty, I liked the 40 comments limit idea. It would have been good to keep in the sense that it would help to control spam and get people who don’t vote to consider voting when they didn’t have the option to comment.
I also like the changed version, of only getting chic points for the first 50 comments as I think that will help control the spam too, but I liked the first idea better.
If people are commenting on photos that they actually like and not just spamming then 40 seemed like a reasonable limit.

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Recently I have been neglecting chictopia, and I don’t check it every day. So sometimes if i haven’t been on the site for a week or so there might be dozens and dozens of photos which I love and want to comment on! So I wouldn’t like a comment limit. I have noticed that some people only comment for the sake of commenting to get points. I have even noticed people putting several separate comments all on the same photo, which is pointless unless they were purposely doing it to get more points. I think that only having 50 comments count for votes is a good idea, so thanks for the changes chictopia! If people want to waste all their time leaving meaningless comments just so they might be able to redeem one thing…

posted over 4 years ago

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

@coldlight — I’ve seen that, too, and it bothers me. I don’t see the point. I mean, I can understand if you forgot something or you misspelled something. In this case, I usually delete the previous comment and ammend it in the other one. At times, I have been a little long-winded, and I use it for continuation. These are examples that can be done as multiple commenting. But people posting ‘cute top’ then ‘cute shoes’ then ‘I love it’ one after the other is definitely abusing the system. I also dislike people leaving meaningless comments, too, especially the ones that just put ‘cute’ — no period, no exclamation just plain cute and then you see the word cute on 30 other profiles. Lol. Sorry, I went off on a tangent. In other words, I agree with everything you said. :)

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION