Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
heatherrr
Style_council
heatherrr

As we all know, the life of a fashion blogger can be a great one – fame, invites to fashion events, free goodies, etc. I have noticed recently that several well-known bloggers have set up web stores to get rid of the clothes and accessories they’ve tired of. I’ve also noticed that they are selling the things that they acquired for free and making a huge profit. Do you think that is okay, that they are just good business women? Or do you think it’s tacky to sell a gift and buy something that you like better? Do you think companies should continue to give out free swag to bloggers if all they do is take one picture of it and then sell it to the highest bidder? Thoughts?

posted about 5 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I don’t think it’s right for these bloggers to sell the stuff on when they don’t wear it at least once. Obviously these brands are sending the gifts so that the blogger wears them and they get some free advertising and on the bloggers plus side they have a new item of clothing/accessory/footwear that they’ve not had to pay out for and what is usually pretty decent and have the nice feeling from knowing that the brand is following their blog. Though I suppose I can understand if the item doesn’t fit in at all with the person’s personal style.

posted about 5 years ago

BirdsandBees
Style_council
BirdsandBees

I think it’s cool when bloggers give out freebies to their readers — that’s always fun!

I haven’t heard of anyone selling it until now.. But go figure. I don’t think it’s the best idea. Haven’t we all tried to re-gift or sell something we didn’t want? They could always use ebay..But I guess if they have a good audience whatever works for them.

I know I wouldn’t sell gifts on my blog.

posted about 5 years ago

heatherrr
Style_council
heatherrr

Yeah, we’ve all done the re-gift thing – although I’m usually pretty open about that it was given to me first. I just think it’s a little unethical to get free things, wear them once on the blog, and they use your “fame” to sell it for two or three times what it retails for. I understand that sometimes bloggers are given things that don’t fit them, style-wise and size-wise, but I just feel a little uneasy about them making a profit from it. Or maybe I’m just jealous that I’m not making a living blogging!

posted about 5 years ago

BirdsandBees
Style_council
BirdsandBees

^ Tru dat!

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION