Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
myfashionswap
Style_council
myfashionswap

Hi all! I just want to thank all of you on Chictopia. I am a new member and have been VERY guilty of only buying high-end, designer clothing over the past few years. It’s very expensive and I find that I only get to wear most items a few times before I’m done with them which leaves little left in my budget to update as much as I would like.

I’ve been looking at the outfits many of you put together and I really like your mix of high-end (like shoes and handbags) with more affordable labels like Zara and Forever 21. Thanks for the inspiration. I’m headed out shopping today and will definitely bring home way more clothing that I usually do with my pre-determined budget!

Deb from myfashionswap.com

posted about 5 years ago
nothing2wear
Style_council
nothing2wear

Have fun shopping! the best is when you find designer for discount! I found a pair of 7 for all mankind white jeans (out of season yes but for summer, no) on clearance at macy’s for $30! yea!

posted about 5 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

^
Agreed, nothing like finding an great bargain. I got a pair of sliver jeans for free. One of my friends had them but they were too tight and she couldn’t return them. Also, Marshall;s is one of my favorite places to go find things like BCBG and jeans for 20!!!

posted about 5 years ago

SarahJayne
Shop_seller_2 SarahJayne is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
SarahJayne

Vintage is a great way to get the runway look for much, much less! I’m not just saying this because I am a vintage dealer, but because I myself have saved some major $$$ in doing this! Fashion always repeats over the years, and designers often make EXACT knock off’s of vintage pieces, then claim them as their own original design : P. Whenever I go to the mall in something vintage that compliments current trends, people ask me what store it came from, and are shocked to know it a) isn’t new, and b) didn’t cost a million bucks. haha

I think buying high end designer is a smart idea if it’s an investment – something timeless you’ll wear for years and years without it looking passe’. For trendier looks, vintage and shops like Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, etc. etc. are the way to go. Also, independant designers! Theres tons of great finds on Etsy.com !
posted about 5 years ago

Jody
Style_council
Jody

i love finding a bargain, it makes my day. ebay is the best place to get designer buys cheap but i love shopping so much i don’t like to do it too often. i find after-season sales are the best. myer probably has the best sales out of all store, i bought stuff at 90% off this year!!

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION