SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

What To Ask Before You Buy

I found this article particularly interesting for its tips to figure out if something is worth the money — great for guilt-free spending. I’m definitely going to use the 3% rule (the average household spends about 3% of its pre-tax income on clothing, a good number for a clothing budget) and the cost-per-wear formula (price of item divided by estimated number of times you’ll wear it in the next two years — anything less than $3 is a smart purchase).

How do you decide to spend your money on clothes?

posted over 4 years ago
sandii
Style_council
sandii

Well, I usually go shopping with a set budget in mind, and try not go over that limit.

If I really want something a bit pricey, I usually see if it’s on sale or if there’s a promotion going on. If not, then I leave it…and just wait until it’s on sale or cheaper on ebay.

I do splurge on things that come in handy though, like leather boots for the winter or a thick scarf.

:D

posted over 4 years ago

itsalanli
Style_council
itsalanli

How many outfits can you wear with that piece and what you said before. if you think about it, if you buy a louis vuitton bag for 2k, and you wear it about 100 times for the next three years, you’re literally paying 20 dollars everytime you wear it. And thats not worth it at all! (to me)

posted over 4 years ago

AnnaSterrett
Style_council
AnnaSterrett

wow thanks for sharing. I often splurge on totally impractical items and then regret it shortly after. Its hard not to be swayed by the latest trends, but at the end of day, unless you’re stinking rich you’ve gotta think practical and not just trendy. One day, one day!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION