Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
saveallen
Style_council
saveallen

Has anyone used Gilt.com? If so, what is your experience—good or bad?
It’s a member’s only site, free to use but by invitation only. I happened to get invited and recently signed up. They partner with leading fashion designers as well as emerging designers to sell excess inventory. It appears that they offer a designer’s items for a 3 day period in which you can purchase them. Items go fast, so you have to pay attention and buy quickly. Savings can be up to 70%. This morning Michael Kors shoes (for women) went on sale, many for around $100 a pair.
It looks like they have a few men’s designers going up for sale in next couple weeks. I’ve signed up for mobile alerts so I’ll know exactly when the items go on sale and can pounce on them!

posted over 6 years ago
karmie
Style_council
karmie

heyy,
My boyfriend introduced me to gilt but I was pretty skeptical at first because of the ridiculous markdowns. I’ll admit that they have amazing deals at times, but the sales start around 12 noon typically, and I’m not always by a computer. I guess the site has gotten really popular because within the first 45 minutes most of the great items are already sold out.
I bought a pair of Derrick Lam sunglasses from there. I received it pretty quickly like within a week of purchase.. But that might have to do with the location it was being shipped to. The color came out to be a little darker than I expected, but other than that I was pretty pleased. (but thats just a problem that comes hand in hand w. online shopping )
Overall, Its a great site for deals especially if you’ve had the opportunity to try on or look at the items first hand.

posted over 6 years ago

saveallen
Style_council
saveallen

Thanks for the reply! I’ve been noticing the same thing—items sell out FAST.
They had a few sales recently for guys clothing and I waited a few hours before checking them only to discover all the good stuff gone. The deals look pretty good though—nice designer products at steep discounts.

posted over 6 years ago

lancagregi
Style_council
lancagregi

i’ve never used it, but i’d like to. though the problem is the invite…could i please be able to get in?

posted over 6 years ago

dagny
Style_council
dagny

how do i get an invite?

posted over 6 years ago

soopernifty
Style_council
soopernifty

Sounds epic! :O I would love an invite…

posted almost 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION