SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sylviaontheweb
Style_council
sylviaontheweb

Hi,

I’m looking to connect with other ladies over 40. Where are you all? I love all the trendy and beautiful picks of all you youngsters but over 40 you can’t wear everything! There is no way to search for ladies my age, is there? Hoping to find some more older ladies….

posted over 3 years ago
mllewis
Style_council
mllewis

Hi. i am a new user too, and i agree. Haven’t posted any pics yet, but soon will. looking for other ladies over 40? Any suggestions on how to get started? Greatly appreciated.

posted almost 3 years ago

sylviaontheweb
Style_council
sylviaontheweb

Hi Milewis, I’ve been connecting with other 40 plussers through my own website now. I’ve got a list there of over 100 40+ bloggers. Come check it out if you like! http://40plusstyle.com

iloveyourshoes
Style_council
iloveyourshoes

Hi, I’m over 40 and would love to connect with other 40+ people. I am new to Chictopia. A little scared to post pictures because ( even though I am 42 ) I’m STILL workin’ on that personal style thing. I am thinking of starting a blog because while I AM sort of shy pictorially, I have so much to say and no problems saying it. I love the idea of being able to connect with women my own age who love fashion and friendship. Sylviaonthe web, I am definitely going to check out your blog too. I hope you all have a wonderful day and i am looking forward to the new friendships forged here. :-)

sylviaontheweb
Style_council
sylviaontheweb

Hi Iloveyourshoes, I don’t think we will ever stop working on our personal style! It’s a constantly evolving process and changes with your life experiences. I would certainly encourage you to setup a blog. It’s fun and although you will find it scary to reveal yourself to the world at first, it soon becomes second nature. In the process you will learn a lot about yourself and your style will improve. I look forward to connecting with you. If you wanted to go directly to my list of 40 Plus bloggers that list is here: http://40plusstyle.com/women-over-40-blogger-community/

iloveyourshoes
Style_council
iloveyourshoes

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I am VERY scared, but excited. I am trying to think of a catchy name, but nothing is coming to me yet. I looked at your blog yesterday. LOVE it!!!! You have great style and seem to be a natural in front of the camera. :-)

sylviaontheweb
Style_council
sylviaontheweb

Believe me, I would never have dreamt of doing that one year ago. Just take baby steps or perhaps even hide your face initially and just give it a go. Spend some time learning a bit about photography and post editing. That helps getting nicer images.
As for your blog, think very carefully about a name. It took me a long time before I find the right one and it’s a pain to change your domain afterwards. Start the right way and no matter what blog platform you’re going to use start with your own .com domain straight away. Good Luck!

iloveyourshoes
Style_council
iloveyourshoes

Thank you soo very much. I will definitely take it slowly and will keep following you and your beautiful style! :-)

Bobu
Style_council
Bobu

hello ladies.. I am 47 and still as keen on fashion and style as ever… in fact getting older is a natural progression of your personal style. I am keen to hook up with other people in our age group too.

mercik
Style_council
mercik

I will be 40 on may 14th. Less than 2 weeks ago. I look and feel 20 something.
Fashion is something NO ONE can take from you no matter how old you get.
I was just reading an interesting article about older women in their 60s and BEYOND who kept it rocking.

posted over 2 years ago

sylviaontheweb
Style_council
sylviaontheweb

Welcome ladies (Bobu, for some reason missed your reply 1 month ago). 40+ ers ROCK for sure. In fact I think I think we need to get wilder as we get older!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION