Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

Anyone else having issues with how to live in a house with other people? I know I grew up an only child, but sometimes things are ridiculous! help me out! Tell me I’m not crazy and that they are. There’s only so many dirty dishes, cat’s fleas, singing practices and passive aggressive notes a person can take.

posted almost 4 years ago
pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

I’ve lived with a brother 6 years younger than me all my life so I’ve learned how to deal. It still gets annoying though. Right now we have to share a bunk because my family is stuck in a 2 bedroom apt for .. ever thanks to Cali’s ridic housing costs. Not the best time to be moving here.

Living with roommates can get on people’s nerves sometimes esp when you’re stressed but I really enjoy my suitemates. They keep me company cuz I hate being alone.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Hmm.. I live with my family- my parents and 3 other siblings. We have our own rooms but the house is still very tiny. Everyone in my family constantly gets on my nerves!! My parents are always nagging me and one of my younger sisters (17) constantly steals my clothes/shoes etc without asking, and then doesn’t take care of them D:< she doesn’t stop even though I ask all the time! I have to hide stuff. And she is really rude and never ever helps out with any housework or helps anyone at all.
I’m not going to end up moving out for ages, even years because I’m still at uni with no job right now :( and housing is freaking expensive too. I want to live in a share house one day though!!

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

share houses are fun, I guess I shed a bad first-impression light on them. I do like my roommates a lot, they’re my friends, too. But I feel like I’m the nagging parent one always telling them to do things that make common sense to me.

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

share houses are fun, I guess I shed a bad first-impression light on them. I do like my roommates a lot, they’re my friends, too. But I feel like I’m the nagging parent one always telling them to do things that make common sense to me.

fashion_cat
Style_council
fashion_cat

I know what you mean! I have shared apartments and dorm rooms since my freshman year in college. Its all about adjusting to different types of people and living with them. Try not to let the small things bother you or stress you out too much. Good luck!

snow
Style_council
snow

I’ve lived in different shared housing situations… and yeah, you do get used to people. I feel like a nagging parent too, but I’m not going to wash anyone else’s dishes or clean up the hair they leave in the shower…I never leave messes behind for others so it really irritates me.

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

they also let their cat get fleas. it’s awful. i get flea bites! they’re moving out on august 1st, though, and then I’ll get new roommates, so I can only hope it’ll be better.

fashion_cat
Style_council
fashion_cat

It will get better! Trust me it will! If you dont like pets it might be a good idea to move to a apartment complex or house that doesnt allow pets

snow
Style_council
snow

That is awful. People who don’t take care of their pets don’t deserve them. I have a similar living situation.

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

oh no, I love the kitty! If it were my kitty, I wouldn’t have let it get fleas! I love it more than my housemate who owns it does and that’s the problem!

snow
Style_council
snow

That’s exactly what I meant…

REPLY TO DISCUSSION