Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

Hello everyone! I’m currently working on my senior research paper, and my topic is on the changes of the standards in beauty, and today’s battle between curves and skinniness. I’ve got a few question I’d love you to answer, as I’m trying to gather some research of my own for this project. Thank you so much for your time, I really appreciate it!

1. Do you feel that your personal body image has been affected by media?
strongly agree
agree
disagree
strongly disagree

2. Do you feel that womens’ body images as a whole are affected by media?
strongly agree
agree
disagree
strongly disagree

3. Do you feel that communities like chictopia promote “the skinny look” or promote “curvy women”?
skinny
curvy

4. Do you feel that our current age is that of skinny, or that of curves?
skinny
curves

5. In our modern age, the battle between skinny and curvy is far more heated than it has been in the Renaissance, the 1800s, or the 80s because of the widespread access to media and communication.
Strongly agree
agree
disagree
strongly disagree

6. Skinny women are better
strongly agree
agree
disagree
strongly disagree

7. Curvy women are better.
strongly agree
agree
disagree
strongly disagree

8. I feel that our society is approaching an era wherein we accept all women, and these battles will soon come to an end.
strongly agree
agree
disagree
strongly disagree

9. I feel that our society is NOT approaching an era wherein we accept all women, because we are too busy setting too many standards.
strongly agree
agree
disagree
strongly disagree

Also, if you have any further personal opinions please feel free to post them as I would love to hear, and if I have your permission to use any of your statements in my paper, please leave note that I do, as I would like to avoid any such mishaps. Thank you!

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION