Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
scochran1
Style_council
scochran1

Hello, I’m going to Germany in less than a week and I’ve heard that there are a few ways Europeans can easily spot Americans. I’m hoping not to stand out too much and be able to blend in fashion wise. So what are some fashion trends/mistakes that are common in the states but are fashion faux pas in Europe? For example it’s very common to see Americans wearing sneakers with jeans but in Europe I heard this isn’t the case. What sort of shoes would a European girl wear if she is traveling and will be walking around a lot? Are converse sneakers trendy in Europe, or moccasins? I know Uggs are a big no no. Also, I just bought a pair of skinny jeans that have some (very minimal though) destroyed accents to them. Is this common or uncommon over in Europe?

Also I should let you know that I’ll be in germany for 5 months I’m doing my study abroad at Freiburg University! So if you have any advice relating to studying abroad please let me know! I’m just taking a break from packing, it’s very hard trying to decide what to bring with me.

posted almost 5 years ago
neiiko
Style_council
neiiko

actually Ugg’s are on the top now in Europe ;P
you should definetly wear it. add some nice tight jeans and loose t-shirt :)
btw i’ve been many times in Germany ;P
have a nice trip! xoxo

neiiko
Style_council
neiiko

remember you should take some warm clothes cause there’s cold now in germany..
snooow! :D

REPLY TO DISCUSSION