Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
irisanddaniel
Style_icon
irisanddaniel

Hey everyone! I was just thinking about how the FAQ and Chictopia guidelines are not very noticeable on the site, and most people go to the forums to ask other members how things work, so I took the original FAQ and edited it to be friendly for the forums, and added in some more important information that has changed from the FAQ to now.

If there is anything missing, or incorrect information, please do NOT hesitate to let me know and just comment so we can all make sure that Chictopians new and old can find what they need to know in an easy instant way! :)

YOUR PROFILE

What are Chic Points?
Chic Points are Chictopia’s members only reward currency. For members with more Chic Points, more actions are available to them.

How do I earn Chic Points?
--10 – acquiring a new fan
--5 – posting a photo that qualifies in the Style Gallery
--1 – receive a new comment from someone other than yourself
--1 – leaving a comment for another user (up to 50 points per day)
--1 – posting in the forum
--5 – write a review
--5 – logging in to Chictopia everyday(24 hours)

Can Chic Points be taken away?
Yes, Chic Points can be taken away if you:
--engage in any suspicious illegal activity on Chictopia.
--delete or set to private photos that are already in the Style Gallery.
--delete comments you’ve made to other users
--delete posts in the forum
--delete reviews

What are ChicTokens?
Buy ChicTokens here ChicTokens can not be earned, they have to be purchased through Chictopia. You use ChicTokens as a form of currency on Chictopia’s ChicSwap

How do I change my username or email address?
You can’t change it at the moment, but if you prefer a different user name or email address go ahead and sign up for a different account.

What is a badge?
A Chictopia badge can be found at the My Badges link on your profile dock at the top of the page, here you can choose a badge design of your liking to put on your ChicBlog or any other outside blog. These are used to promote Chictopia or your ChicBlog so others can find it (or favorite you if it is placed on your ChicBlog).

IMPORTANT CHICTOPIAN FACTS

What is the Style Council? How do I become part of it?
The Style Council is comprised of Chictopians with 200 or more points. The Style Council is then able to vote on recently uploaded photos. When a photo gets 15 votes by the Style Council it gets put into the Style Gallery.

What is a Style Icon?
Style Icon is an honor given to those on Chictopia who have garnered a lot of attention for their great style, any member (who uploads photos of themselves) can become a Style Icon. A Style Icon is respectful and genuine member of Chictopia, those who receive fans and votes dishonestly are not given this honor. Six Style Icons are named every month, watch Chictopia’s Style Icon Page to check on who’s in the running for next month and to see current and past Style Icons.

What is a VIP?
VIP members of Chictopia can post items up in ChicSwap and are invitation only. If you would like to join ChicSwap and become a VIP, contact a current VIP member about an invitation.

What is Everybody Is Ugly and The Uglies?
Everybody Is Ugly, along with the other Ugly blogs, are the main official Chictopian blogs, in which contributing members share their ideas, thoughts, and important news about fashion. This includes trends, inspiration, and features on businesses and Chictopians who have shown interesting style on the site.

How do I get on the front page?
The most favorited photos will receive the honor of gracing the front page (to favorite a photo click on the star icon next to it). Chictopia can feature photos that do not have the highest favorite count if there is a special promotion or event happening, see those announcements for more detail.

CHICTOPIA STYLE GALLERY, VOTING, AND UPLOADS

Where do newly uploaded photos show up?
Newly uploaded photos show up under the Style Gallery tab beneath the link titled New Photos. However, only members of the Style Council are able to view new photos unless they make it into the Style Gallery. See the previous question for information on how to get into the Style Gallery.

How do photos make their way into the Style Gallery?
Photos get into the Style Gallery by getting 15 votes from the Chictopia Style Council in the first 24 hours from time of upload. In order to get on the Style Council you must have 200 Chic Points. Our staff editors help facilitate the style gallery selection by making final edits based on lighting, photo content, and blog content.

How do I know if my photo has gotten into the Style Gallery?
There are no notifications sent if you upload a photo and it makes its way into the Style Gallery, just look for yourself by searching, either the title of your post or a tag that your post is connected to. You can also narrow down the search by changing the body types, clothing types, and gender.

What are some tips on how to take a good photo for the Style Gallery?
Take a full body shot with good lighting and make sure the photo isn’t pixelated or grainy. The more shots you take, the more photos you have to choose from. Make sure your pose best shows off the clothes.

How do I vote on a photo?
Click on a photo that you want to view. Once you are taken to that post, if you hover at the top of the photo, there is a +Chic button. Vote as you see fit.

How do I upload a photo/update my ChicBlog?
On the navigation bar at the top of the page (following the Chictopia logo), the last option is to UPDATE, click on it to upload a new photo.
--Photo Blog: upload a new picture of yourself for outfit inspiration, runwayinspiration, pictures of must have items, or editorial and fashion inspiration
--What I’m Wearing: update a news feed of what Chictopians are wearing
--Chic Rewards: Promote your brand! Donate to the community and have your product be featured in the first page of Chic Rewards for two weeks
--Chic Swap: VIP Only The rules of Chic Swap are located here
--Shop: Selected members can list their items on Chictopia. Message Cheri if are interested in becoming a seller in our community.

How do I make changes to my photo once I have saved it?
Click the “[edit]” link under the photo on your ChicBlog, here you can make changes to the description, items of clothing, tagging, additional photos. You can also tag and add a poll to your photo here.

How do I upload multiple photos to the same post?
After you upload your main photo, on your chicblog, there should be an “Edit” link below your photo. Click through on that link, and the following page should have a link which indicates “Add/Remove Supporting Photos”. Click on the link and upload additional photos.

My photo made into the Style Gallery but I don’t see it anymore!
We are working hard to provide you the best fashion inspiration. Our editors and admins reserve the right to remove photos that include any of these elements:
--Poor lighting
--Image is too blurry
--Photo does not include an outfit
--Inappropriate photos
Please keep in mind that we also move photos to other galleries such as chichaves, stylebook, and inspiration.

posted over 4 years ago
1 3
CheriChictopia
Style_council
CheriChictopia

Thank you so much for starting this thread! We are actually in the process of improving our FAQ and this thread is going to be very helpful! Everyone, feel free to post your questions here. We will update our FAQ next week to reflect answers to questions in the forum.

posted over 4 years ago

JPB
Style_council
JPB

I just wrote a clothing review and I received 10 points, not 5

posted over 4 years ago

irisanddaniel
Style_icon
irisanddaniel

Yay :) Thanks Cheri! No problem, I’m glad to be of help.

+ Thanks JPB, I’ll edit the main post.

I thought up some extra questions that may help other users:

—> How do you become a contributer to The Uglies/EIU?

—> Style Icon page says: style icon prizes sponsored by ChicRewards, what are the specifics of what Style Icons get?

—> ChicPoints usage in more specific detail? Do they do anything other than get you on Style Council?

posted over 4 years ago

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

You guys are the best ;D

posted over 4 years ago

Jazza
Style_council
Jazza

This is such a fantastic idea! great job guys :)

posted over 4 years ago

psykoKilla
Style_council
psykoKilla

Thanks guys for making it very clear :-)

posted over 4 years ago

angieexxpangie
Style_council
angieexxpangie

this post really helped me understand Chictopia a whole lot better ( :

posted over 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

This is crazy awesome and should be made into a sticky :)

posted over 4 years ago

irisanddaniel
Style_icon
irisanddaniel

Thanks everyone! :)

Glad to have helped out fellow Chictopians, no problem at all. Hopefully more will see this post and use it to help out their confusion as well.

I’ve added ChicTokens to the FAQ also.

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

love this guide! it definitely should be made into a sticky, hopefully people can read this and be less confused :)

posted over 4 years ago

CowardTuffLuck
Style_council
CowardTuffLuck

thankyouu! this really helped.

posted over 4 years ago

carizzachua
Style_council
carizzachua

oh! thank you for this :D

posted over 4 years ago

BrittBritt
Style_council
BrittBritt

thank you very much !!

posted over 4 years ago

mariaquesadilla
Style_council
mariaquesadilla

this really helped clear things up, thanks!

posted over 4 years ago

bjkdAnc3r
New_user bjkdAnc3r is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When bjkdAnc3r reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
bjkdAnc3r

awesome thank you!!!

posted over 4 years ago

freespirit_fashion
Style_council
freespirit_f...

awesome post!! thanks for writing this!

one thing i noticed that wasn’t addressed is: what’s the difference between friends and fans? is there a point to having both?

posted over 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

every time a friend asks me how chictopia works i just refer them to this page. you guys are awesome :D

posted over 4 years ago

irisanddaniel
Style_icon
irisanddaniel

Thanks everyone for such positive feedback :)

Remember if you have anymore questions post them here so Cheri + The Chictopia Team can see them for when they update the FAQ.

posted over 4 years ago

lovebughannah
Style_council
lovebughannah

This really helped me out :D thank you!

posted over 4 years ago

nancyleigh
Style_council
nancyleigh

Yes! You RULE! I’ve always thought the FAQ was seriously lacking. This is super helpful!!

posted over 4 years ago

Jessymen
Style_council
Jessymen

Woot. Appreciate the helpful tips.

posted over 4 years ago

essenciallyME
Style_council
essenciallyME

helpfull

posted over 4 years ago

francescalyn