Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
NewLook24
Style_council
NewLook24

Hello fellow Chictopians. So I love to read Questionnaires/interviews about fashion but can never really find any so I thought I’d start some with you fabulous people (and myself :p).

1. What is your favorite outfit that you have right now?

2. If you could hire any fashion designer to create a whole wardrobe for you who would it be and why?

3. What are your top 5 (or more if you want) essential clothing staples?

4.Is there any person or character who’s style you really admire?

5. Is there a certain city or country who you think has great style?

6. Which colors/patterns do you love to wear the most?

7. Any trends you wish were never created?

8. What do you think are the best trends ever?

9. Do you have any clothing goals right now? (ex. your currently saving up for a D&G dress)

10. Favorite season to dress in?

11. Which clothes from what decade or era do you think should make a comeback?

12. Why do you like fashion?

My Answers

Umm….I’m gonna say my orange and gray plaid french connection mini dress with black tights, some type of shrug or cardigan and black flats.

2. If you could hire any fashion designer to create a whole wardrobe for you who would it be and why?

I’m gonna hire Carrol-Hannah from this season’s Project Runway because I really liked her Bryant Park collection. A lot. and I think she should have won.

-Dresses
-Flats
-Tights
-leggings
-cardigans
I could live off of all these lol.

I’m kinda obsessed with Effy from Skins. I know she sometimes dresses like a gothic hooker but I just think she wears it perfectly. I’ am aware that I can’t pull it off hahaha. Also Rachel Bilson and pretty much everyone on Chictopia or look book.

Paris and London (even England in general) I think are the top cities for fashion. I would probably say NYC too but I’ve never been or seen it. I expect to be wowed when I do though.

I have a lot of black, blue, purple, white. I love black and white outfits right now and I’m not afraid of pink, a couple of years ago I thought I would be but no.

Shoulder pads, people from the 80’s regret it, so will we. Neon: I don’t get it. Plus crocs, I’ am all for comfort but not ugly comfort.

Dresses cinched at the waist, blazers, tights, skinny jeans, flats, plaid and lace-up booty heels.

9. Do you have any clothing goals right now? (ex. your currently saving up for a D&G dress)

A black chain link purse (I would love the Chanel one but I could never spend that much money on an item of clothing). A pea coat and silver, red, blue, and purple flats ( I only have black ones right now and I’ am wearing them to death.)

10.Favorite season to dress in?

All my clothing is pretty much made for summer but fall makes me become creative.

I would love for the 1950’s or 1960’s (Mad Men style) style to come back or the Victorian Ages inspired clothing (like the Marie Antoinette movie with Kristen Dunst ), hold the corset.

12. Why do you like fashion

This might seem weird but everything in the world right now seems so depressing (its what our news thrives on) and I have to have my opinion and deep thoughts and questions in my head about all of these difficult situations and conflicts that having something more simple and nice like style and fashion is like a breath of fresh air. It makes me happy and is a wonderful form of expression.

p.s. apologies if any of these questions are repeats of things already in the forum.

posted almost 5 years ago
1 2 3 4 6
bohoprincess
Style_council
bohoprincess

What is your favorite outfit that you have right now?
dont really have one but if i had to chose it would be my tribal print skirt cut of shoulder denim shirt and nude oxfords

2. If you could hire any fashion designer to create a whole wardrobe for you who would it be and why? zac posen

-blazer
-loafer
-oxfords
-scarfs
- earrings

Alexandra Chung and rihanna
paris
nude or beige
uggs and leggings
high waisted skirts shorts and pants
i want a really bright color blazer
spring
40s paper bag pants
its fun !

posted about 3 years ago

stellapnp
Style_council
stellapnp

It is http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/475233-Parisian+ladies+dictate+fashion+JJ+Rousseau-heather-gray-tommy-hilfiger-hat-white-eiffel-forever-21-sweater-navy-vintage this one!! I love it!!

Coco of course, because I adore how eternal and classic her clothes are. I am a classic person when it comes to fashion.

oxfords, romantic maxi dress, berets, nude heels, Burberry style coat

Audrey Hepburn of course, needless to explain why!!

My beloved Paris!!<3>m going to live there one day.

Polka dots and florals. I adore mixing patterns. My favorite colors are: nude, mint and light yellow for summer, and brick red, dark green and earthy tones for winter.

Clogs, Ugg, and I dont always like Jeffrey Campbells.

Maxi skirts, owls, Knee high socks, Trench coats

A galaxy dress from Romwe.com, a romantic retro lacy maxi dress

Every season is amazing to dress in!! I actually cant wait for the next one, which ever it is!!

Fit-and-flare dresses from the 50s and 60s, kitten heels (which actually have made a comeback), costumes from the 40s

Because it is a way to express every single feeling of mine, to show my personality.

posted about 3 years ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

greaat idea! ^^

1: my organge dress or my denim and lace shirt put with golden heels, sheer white shirt and waisted camel belt: Click Here!

2: karl lagerfeld, but more because I’d like to meet him! and dolce and gabbana. thay have an amazing style!

3: -a pair of skinny jeans
- nude heels
- a dark cardigan
- a girly skirt
- a girly top

4: top models in general, like karlie kloss or kate moss

5: Paris, Rio, Tokyo

6: Blue! any kind of blue. and orange, red coral shades, and also white, nude earthy tones and black.

7: crocs and uggs, harem pants, boyfriend jeans… doesn’t fit anyone. it’s not at all flattering for a woman’s silhouette, it’s not feminine.

8: jeans! amazing casual pants, a great classic item that anyone can afford and wear!

9: I’ve been in love for years with a gorgeous leather longchamp bag. far too expensive for now, and a burrbery rose gold watch.

10:every season! I’m excited everytime they show the new collections and trends in magazines, can’t wait until they’re in shops!

11: the 20’s and 30’s, and the 50’s. sophisticated and elegant people. and they wore hats! I miss hats, you always seem to be out of place if you wear one, and it’s hard to find great ones.

12: fashion is my hobby, my passion a way to feel myself, to express myself and to keep confidence in myself. it’s also a challenge, as I am a quite shy person: to wear what I like, and to assume my own tastes, and dear to dress as I want was pretty hard. I hated my body. fashion is what makes me feel proud of it, to feel unique, to feel confident.

5:

posted over 2 years ago

maddiejayy
Style_council
maddiejayy

That’s really tough.. I have a Crash & Burn dress that I love, a pair of reconstructed vintage Levi’s from De Epoca Vintage, lace bell bottoms.. It’s tough. I have favorite pieces that I mix with many other things.

Spell & The Gypsy Collective!

High waist shorts, fringed tops, bell bottoms (multiple fabric types), necklaces/rings, boots.

My friend Jessika Stine.

Australia!

Black, blue, white, neons

Peplum. I HATE it.

I love that neon has come back. Also ombre.

I need the JC mermaid nightwalks exclusively at LF stores.

I like spring/fall here in central California because you can comfortably wear both shorts or pants.

I love all the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s.

It is a way for me to express myself, and it is a sort of creative outlet for me.

posted about 2 years ago

ninafouche
Style_council
ninafouche

my super long black maxi-dress. paired with gold gladiator sandals and my gold owl ring, it looks absolutely stunning.

christian siriano. probably the best project runway winner EVER. i salute him. he has a stunning sense of style.

1) white blazer
2) maxi skirts
3) maxi dresses
4) jeggings
5) plain white/black tanktops

i adore lauren conrad’s style. as well as rachel bilson’s – as zoey hart – style on hart of dixie.

new york of course. everything about the way they dress screams sophisticated and classy. they truly have the best taste.

definitely white.

crocs?

“maxi-” EVERYTHING!
i am currently saving to upgrade my shoe closet.
fall, of course. layering, yes!
the 1920’s. everything paired with a beautiful red lip looks great.
hey, when you look good, you feel good.

posted almost 2 years ago

meowy
Style_council
meowy

Wow, that’s a toughy! Right now I’d have to say it’s my black mini dress with a skinny belt and oversized shirt, worn with thigh high socks and creepers.

Haha, I wouldn’t, my style’s too mish-mashed for me to make that kind of commitment!

LBDs, tights, baggy hoodies, denim shorts, leather boots.

Amy Lee from Evanescence. A lot of her stage and video outfits she makes herself and I just get sooo jealous that they’re one-of-a-kind so I’ll never be able to get my hands on them!

I think the whole quirky Japanese look is really awesome – like the whole lolita, anime-inspired, bubblegum pop type of thing. ^^

I tend to wear predominantly black and not a lot of patterns, so yeah… not much to say on that front. =/

Ugh, many, ranging from UGG boots to harem pants to pyjamas as outer wear, and so on and so forth.

I dunno, there’s loads of stuff I’m thankful for out there, but not sure what I can pin down…

YES. I’m trying to save up for a gorgeous pair of Irregular Choice boots and one day when I have enough money I’d really like to buy out the entire David and Goliath catalogue! Oh yes, and I’m also saving up to buy a cute tea dress by Nishe.

Autumn. Not so cold to have to bury yourself in clothing, not too hot for layering, and great for a darker palette!

Flower power bell bottoms! I used to really love flare jeans, but was always made fun of for being out of date! Of course, in moderation; there is such a thing as having too much flare… ;D

It’s art that you wear on your sleeve, quite literally. You can express so much about yourself through your clothing alone, whether it be your personality, your interests or even your current emotions. Also, nothing beats the thrill of trying on new clothes and showing them off to the world!

posted about 1 year ago

Chessy
Style_council
Chessy

Right now probably my navy blue VS skirt
Dita von teese or some one with her good taste. I don’t know the names of any stylists.
-High-waisted black pencil skirt. So versatile, both casual and formal.
- A nude or cream coloured top
- Trench coat wit shoulder pads
- A flattering pair of flat shoes or flat boots
- A knee-length capped sleeve dress
I don’t know the names of the models/women I have seen, except Dita von Teese
Rome, Italy
Polka dots, but other than that I prefer plain clothes
Leggings, ripped jeans,
Pencil skirts, pencil dresses, skinny jeans for women
Yes, I would like to buy a a 2-in-1 Hybrid dress, if the prices ever become reasonable and a decent pair of jeans.
Spring and autumn
1940s, 1950s and some from the 1990s, although some have already made a come back
I like that you can make an impression without speaking

posted 9 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

1.What is your favorite outfit that you have right now?

this one: white sweater w/gingham shirt

it is so hard to choose just one but I would say Jenna Lyons since my closet is filled with JCrew

depends on the season but overall: jeans, cardigans, fun blouses, blazers, heels

I really love Michelle Williams style.

5. Is there a certain city or country who you think has great style? Southern CA.

6. Which colors/patterns do you love to wear the most? polka dots, plaid, stripes

7. Any trends you wish were never created? camo, animal print

8. What do you think are the best trends ever? the classics - an LBD, black heels, pearls

9. Do you have any clothing goals right now? trying to find a new winter coat on the cheap

10. Favorite season to dress in? summer :)

11. Which clothes from what decade or era do you think should make a comeback? 50s/60s

12. Why do you like fashion? because it is a way to express yourself and be creative on a daily basis

posted 7 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

1.What is your favorite outfit that you have right now?

this one: white sweater w/gingham shirt

it is so hard to choose just one but I would say Jenna Lyons since my closet is filled with JCrew

depends on the season but overall: jeans, cardigans, fun blouses, blazers, heels

I really love Michelle Williams style.

5. Is there a certain city or country who you think has great style? Southern CA.

6. Which colors/patterns do you love to wear the most? polka dots, plaid, stripes

7. Any trends you wish were never created? camo, animal print

8. What do you think are the best trends ever? the classics - an LBD, black heels, pearls

9. Do you have any clothing goals right now? trying to find a new winter coat on the cheap

10. Favorite season to dress in? summer :)

11. Which clothes from what decade or era do you think should make a comeback? 50s/60s

12. Why do you like fashion? because it is a way to express yourself and be creative on a daily basis

posted 7 months ago
1 2 3 4 6
REPLY TO DISCUSSION