Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

It’s like peanut butter with jam when it comes to celebrities and their tattoos! Earlier this week, Selena Gomez got her first tattoo, a small heart tatted on her wrist. Hmm, inspired by the Biebs?

Can’t really see it… (you can try to see it here) but hey, it’s a step, right? At least she’s legal to get it (ahem, unlike Justin).

Tackyyyyy or hot?

posted over 3 years ago
F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

its cute but it seems pointless.i think tattoos should have a story behind them, or else people may grow tired of them in the future and probably end up having a “What was I thinking?” moment.

posted over 3 years ago

rosalindamorente
New_user rosalindamorente is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When rosalindamorente reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
rosalindamor...

i agree, yes a tattoo can be removed in today’s technology but having one, you should really think carefully, there should be something behind that tattoo, why you had it, whom you dedicate it or whatever.

posted over 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

@fashion I would politely disagree. I have a tattoo I designed myself, but it doesn’t really have a meaning; I could list a million different interpretations to interest people, but in truth there wasn’t a single driving factor. I’ve had it ~5 years and doubt I’ll ever regret it—it’s hidden so even when I’m an old saggy lady it won’t bother me; rather, it’ll remind me of the fun times I had in my youth.

a super generic tattoo like a heart could have an incredibly complex/deep meaning (selena might, how do you know it didn’t?); at the same time, an ornate original tattoo might not. when I ask people about their meaning, it’s usually abstract or generic like “happiness” or “freedom”.

posted over 3 years ago

Style4TheCamera
Style_council
Style4TheCamera

I think tattoos are fun and don’t necessarily have to have a big meaning behind them to be loved. I have lips on my wrist for no good reason except that I like it. It’s been there for 5 years now and I don’t regret it at all.

It may have been an impulsive tattoo, but it means something to her now. And if she’s older and really regrets it, she can have it removed. But she’ll probably look back on the tattoo and have a fond memory of it.

posted over 3 years ago

UniquecStyle
Style_council
UniquecStyle

Tattoos where mainly meant to express ourselves. i personally don’t have a tattoo but i think that a person can get any tattoo they want where they want & it can be whatever they want it to be, but they should keep in mind, w hat they want wont be what they would want to have inked in their bodies 10years from now.

posted over 3 years ago

ThePageStaysBlank
Style_council
ThePageStays...

I love it when tattoos have a meaning behind them, but I don’t think they have to. However, I do think it is important that a person think about it for awhile before they decided to get one. I personally don’t care for generic tattoos, which Selena’s sort of is. I also don’t care for large tattoos but prefer smaller ones that are less obvious. And I hate portraits. I have yet to see a portrait that looks good.

Really, the best tattoos are ones that have been well thought out.

posted over 3 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

I love tattoos but I agree that they should be thought about before getting. My first one is a huge vine with butterfly on the side of my leg. I think it is beautiful-no meaning behind it. I also have each of my kids names on each of my wrists and I will be getting our elderly dogs pawprint on my forearm with his name and DOB and death.

Megan Fox was just on Ellen talking about a tattoo she is in the process of getting removed and how painful it is! Think before you brand yourself…

posted over 3 years ago

SAndreea
Style_council
SAndreea

the kind of tattoo teenage girls make just to show how cool they are,sooner or later she will remove it because she will probably realise how pointless it is

posted over 3 years ago

fashionforme
New_user fashionforme is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When fashionforme reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
fashionforme

Well, at least it’s small. But times have changed, kids are having tattoos at a younger age.

posted over 3 years ago

ninnda
Style_council
ninnda

its cute, but i’ll hate it if she got much tattoos lol :D

posted over 3 years ago

claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

Hearts are cute I wan tto get a tattoo of one …some day c:

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION