Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
crystaldots
Style_council
crystaldots

Soooooo, while everybody may still be talking about Grammy looks, I want to bring up this very viral topic: Rihanna reportedly spent $5,000 (yea, that’s more than a used car!) on her gold nails. (Image/News: HERE)

Just a metallic finish…and you can actually purchase it (if you think American Apparel/OPI aren’t good enough).

Nay or Yay? I love Rhi Rhi, but dang this fashion statement is a nay for me.

posted over 2 years ago
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

That’s crazy!!! I love Rhi too, but man… I guess if she has the money, she can do what she wants with it, regardless of how frivolous her spending habits are…

posted over 2 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Sometimes they just don’t know where to throw the money eh?

posted over 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

I don’t even think they look all that good, to be honest. They kind of blend with her skin, even with glasses I had to look closely to actually notice she was wearing polish.
And, I think it’s a complete waste of gold for something that is going to chip off or taken off with polish remover later.
She worked hard for her money and she can spend it however she wants, but still, if I had even $500 lying around, I wouldn’t spend it on nail polish.

posted over 2 years ago

sukavati
Style_council
sukavati

While I think the money could have been put to a better use, it’s her money and she damn well earned it, so who am I to judge?

posted over 2 years ago

Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

That money would have been better off given to the poor. Why waste SO much money on nail polish? it’s not like you can have that forever…

posted over 2 years ago

KristineMLNDZ
Style_council
KristineMLNDZ

I love Rihanna, but is a nay for me, that’s to much on something than maybe could have been done cheaper and equal look..

posted over 2 years ago

KristineMLNDZ
Style_council
KristineMLNDZ

I love Rihanna, but is a nay for me, that’s to much on something than maybe could have been done cheaper and equal look..

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I think it’s silly. My dad deals in coins and jewelry as a hobby and is always telling me about the market value of precious metals. The amount of gold in her manicure is NO WHERE NEAR $5000 worth! It’s probably about as much gold as is in a bottle of Gold Schlagger.

posted over 2 years ago

DOMOnation
Style_council
DOMOnation

DO YOU LADIIS REALLY BELIEVE SHE PAID FOR THEM? I’M NOT SAYING ITS NOT REAL BUT I AM SAYING, BECAUSE OF A CELEBRITIES POPULARITY THEY GET A LOT OF EXPENSIVE THINGS GIVEN, OR RENTED OUT TO THEM TO BRING IN CLIENTS THAT PRIDE THEMSELVES ON BEING EXACTLY LIKE CERTAIN CELEBERITIES. SO EVEN THOUGH THEY MAYBE REAL AND COST THIS MUCH I QUESTION IF SHE REALLY PAID FOR THEM. AND ITS STUPID, BUT I STILL LOVE HER.

posted over 2 years ago

recklessenigma
Style_council
recklessenigma

That is crazy!!

posted over 2 years ago

SAndreea
Style_council
SAndreea

:)) well if i had her money i would probably spend that much on my nails too,but i would definitely chose a better style

posted over 2 years ago

Aparajita
Style_council
Aparajita

Waste of money.

posted over 2 years ago

radfully
Style_council
radfully

I think its silly. You could find a polish almost the same color for $6. Anyways, I could barely see it. If I would have spent $5000 on nail polish, I would have done something more detailed and cooler. In my opinion, her nails look pretty average.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION