SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  celebrity fashion met galafashion
Carelle
Style_council
Carelle

So many beautiful dresses at the Met but which was your favourite and who got it so wrong! Personally I didn't like any of the Topshop dresses the models were wearing and I thought Cara Delevigne was a let down.

Beyonce's dress killed it and I didn't mind the veil but I thought the makeup and hair was a bit matronly. I think it she had gone for more youthful styling she might have avoided looking like she was going to a fashion funeral. Would love to know you guys' thoughts.

posted 8 months ago
madelinelechat
Style_council
madelinelechat

Totally totally agree with you.

There was a lot of potential, but a lot of people just turn up with flat and boring outfits. Beyonce's dress was gorgeous, but not really fresh. I think we've seen that dress many other times in many different versions on her before. I would have liked to see her take more risks. I'm all about themes when it comes to events and I feel a littel let down when people don't commit or follow through..

My faves were Lily Allen, Emma Stone and Rihanna (even though Emma and Rih Rih were a little off theme). Emmy Rossume was on point too, but I think maybe a little too literal.

For the most part, there was just a lot of yawn. yawn. yawn.

- M

posted 8 months ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

Rihanna killed it in that white Stella McCartney set! Other favorites included Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Emmy Rossum

posted 8 months ago

kgrizzle
Style_council
kgrizzle

I thought Amber Heard and Johnny Depp both looked stunning. Also, Karlie Kloss' Oscar De La Renta dress was pretty magnificent! I, too, was unimpressed by the Topshop dresses and not a fan of Kim Kardashian's gown. 

posted 7 months ago

penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

I agree with kgrizzle I am not a fan of kim k's dress

posted 7 months ago

Taliscollection
Style_council
Taliscollection

My favourite is Emma Stone and Blake Lively. 

Here is out post on Met Gala: http://www.blog.talis.com.au/met-gala-2014/

posted 7 months ago

gaemati
New_user gaemati is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When gaemati reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
gaemati

Amen to Emma Stone!!!

posted 14 days ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION