Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

It’s kind of like an extension of fashion lines from celebrities – but doesn’t it just seem lazy? You know they don’t make the scents themselves – they just say yes or no, I’m sure! Why can’t celebrities just focus on what they do best – whatever made them famous! What are your thoughts? Do you have any celeb fragrances you like?

posted over 2 years ago
priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

Beyonce- HEAT

posted over 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

I kind of agree. The constant dipping their feet into other avenues of fame is annoying. I actually have not smelled any celebrity fragrance that I like. I’ve yet to smell Taylor Swift’s new scent though. And I really like her so who knows. :)

posted over 2 years ago

MissMeggo
Style_council
MissMeggo

I feel the same way. It seems like the only way celebrities can stand out in a world where gossip is so big and changes so fast is to either be crazy or to attempt something different from what they usually do and suck/rock at it. Having a fragrance just kind of adds to their resume. Really, it’s like a bastardized version of the renaissance man.

posted over 2 years ago

Mellanovha
Style_council
Mellanovha

The only fragance that I love is the 360 by Perry Ellis..I don’t use anything else, except for a splash once in a while..But noo celebrities fragance for me.

posted over 2 years ago

estrogens
Style_council
estrogens

I agree that there has been an overload of celebrity fragrances as of late. it’s like everyone wants their own perfume and/or their own fashion line. BUT, I have to admit that the one fragrance that is an exception for me is Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. it’s kind of been a go-to ever since I could remember.

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I wouldn’t call it lazy so much as a marketing strategy. They get money, the product is sold better than it would sans name, and both gain more recognition—win/win. Their involvement is likely limited to some paperwork and a few photoshoots with the perfume, so I don’t think it deters much from what makes them famous to begin with.

As great as some artists may truly be, most fame is more a result of contracts than anything else—you need to fight to stay relevant, and having your “own” perfume or clothing line solidifies that your name isn’t outdated.

I have a few random celebrity perfume samples, and none of them impress me—I received a sample of the Jennifer Aniston a day ago w/my Sephora purchase, and it smells like a**. I equate celebrity perfumes with drugstore brands—not saying that cheaper products can’t be better, but you know.

posted over 2 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

I think they are just trying to make money in yet another way. I have been lusting after the pink Britney Spears one though….

posted over 2 years ago

livisfat
Style_council
livisfat

I like britney spear’s circus and midnight fantasy a lot

posted over 2 years ago

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

Hey, if they can make a whole lot of money out of a fragrance, why not? I mean, for them it’s a clean deal.. :D Wouldn’t you do it if you had the chance?

posted over 2 years ago

Mishelle
Style_council
Mishelle

i dont use any celebrity fragrances

posted over 2 years ago

MGNSPR
Style_council
MGNSPR

I can’t say that I’m too fond of any out there. I was gifted one of Jessica Simpson’s but I found the scent didn’t last as long and was really really faint…but when I did catch a whiff it was nice. I guess if I wanted to make a few extra million dollars a year I’d churn out some scents too..lol

posted over 2 years ago

Sunshinecck
Style_council
Sunshinecck

I like Beyonce heat and SJP, among others. But i know what you mean, it is Kind of annoying how they try to leave a mark everywhere. Having said that, my sister worked in Fragrance. She came home with every scent known to man, so there are some fragrances that rubbed off on me.

posted over 2 years ago

isobelrose
Style_council
isobelrose

it’s annoying if the perfume doesn’t even smell good but i have to say kate moss’s perfume is beautiful

posted over 2 years ago

LuanaRios
Style_council
LuanaRios

i dont use any celebrity fragrances. But I have to say I have shoes, purse of some celebrity mark.
They only give their name, but when the product is good and has quality, I dont see any problem to buy it.

posted over 2 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

Some smell good, but most don’t. Dk know if many would consider Kim k and Paris Hilton “celebrities” but, I love most of Paris’ perfumes, but hate Kim’s. Beyondes smell good and so do some of the Britney ones.

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION