Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

It’s kind of like an extension of fashion lines from celebrities – but doesn’t it just seem lazy? You know they don’t make the scents themselves – they just say yes or no, I’m sure! Why can’t celebrities just focus on what they do best – whatever made them famous! What are your thoughts? Do you have any celeb fragrances you like?

posted almost 6 years ago
priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

Beyonce- HEAT

Mellanovha
Style_council
Mellanovha

The only fragance that I love is the 360 by Perry Ellis..I don’t use anything else, except for a splash once in a while..But noo celebrities fragance for me.

estrogens
Style_council
estrogens

I agree that there has been an overload of celebrity fragrances as of late. it’s like everyone wants their own perfume and/or their own fashion line. BUT, I have to admit that the one fragrance that is an exception for me is Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker. it’s kind of been a go-to ever since I could remember.

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I wouldn’t call it lazy so much as a marketing strategy. They get money, the product is sold better than it would sans name, and both gain more recognition—win/win. Their involvement is likely limited to some paperwork and a few photoshoots with the perfume, so I don’t think it deters much from what makes them famous to begin with.

As great as some artists may truly be, most fame is more a result of contracts than anything else—you need to fight to stay relevant, and having your “own” perfume or clothing line solidifies that your name isn’t outdated.

I have a few random celebrity perfume samples, and none of them impress me—I received a sample of the Jennifer Aniston a day ago w/my Sephora purchase, and it smells like a**. I equate celebrity perfumes with drugstore brands—not saying that cheaper products can’t be better, but you know.

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

I think they are just trying to make money in yet another way. I have been lusting after the pink Britney Spears one though….

livisfat
Style_council
livisfat

I like britney spear’s circus and midnight fantasy a lot

Polly_Nirvana
Style_council
Polly_Nirvana

Hey, if they can make a whole lot of money out of a fragrance, why not? I mean, for them it’s a clean deal.. :D Wouldn’t you do it if you had the chance?

Mishelle
Style_council
Mishelle

i dont use any celebrity fragrances

MGNSPR
Style_council
MGNSPR

I can’t say that I’m too fond of any out there. I was gifted one of Jessica Simpson’s but I found the scent didn’t last as long and was really really faint…but when I did catch a whiff it was nice. I guess if I wanted to make a few extra million dollars a year I’d churn out some scents too..lol

isobelrose
Style_council
isobelrose

it’s annoying if the perfume doesn’t even smell good but i have to say kate moss’s perfume is beautiful

LuanaRios
Style_council
LuanaRios

i dont use any celebrity fragrances. But I have to say I have shoes, purse of some celebrity mark.
They only give their name, but when the product is good and has quality, I dont see any problem to buy it.

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

Some smell good, but most don’t. Dk know if many would consider Kim k and Paris Hilton “celebrities” but, I love most of Paris’ perfumes, but hate Kim’s. Beyondes smell good and so do some of the Britney ones.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION