Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
New_user 1911 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 1911 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

Yes, Carrie is a fictional character but she has evolved into a style icon of sorts. Though I am not a die hard Carrie fan, I do enjoy the show. I would never dare wear 95 percent of what she has worn, then again, most people wouldn’t. But I think it’s amazing how she can throw on random, somewhat tacky pieces and transform them into a perfect ensemble. Her interesting take on beautiful, designer pieces and her ability to mix vintage and current. I just can’t picture anyone but Sarah Jessica Parker playing Carrie, she’s the one who pulls off the confident and fabulous New Yorker. She has inspired countless women (even men) and has become the Audrey Hepburn of our time.

posted about 6 years ago
1 2
murph
Style_council
murph

she really inspired a lot of girls. who didn’t really know what was hip or not, to just go and do whatever they thought made them happy. Ever since that show started I have felt less anxiety about wearing daring fashion choices.
ps….sex and the city rules!
And the movie was awesome.

posted over 5 years ago

christyh
Style_council
christyh

oh i still secretly hopes for more SATC! i <3 carrie bradshaw style, personality, everything about her amazes me :)

posted over 5 years ago

christyh
Style_council
christyh

i can’t wait for the next movie, the first one is awesome, i keep watching it at friday’s night :)

posted over 5 years ago

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

<3 her and the others!

posted almost 4 years ago

CrashingRed
Style_council
CrashingRed

she s funny! and brave!

posted over 3 years ago

Florida
Style_council
Florida

it truly changed the way girls are dressed now all over the world
loved the sex and the city 1 movie

posted over 3 years ago

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

I watched the movie so many times and never get bored! I love Carrie and Miranda’s style.

posted over 3 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

patricia field do all the job,sarah j parker just wore her picks

posted over 3 years ago

freshlook
New_user freshlook is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When freshlook reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
freshlook

love Carrie!

posted over 3 years ago

TheLoulette
Style_council
TheLoulette

Half the time I don’t understand her outfits, tbh…like those purple furry manolo blahniks she was craving. I was like, WTH? Lol…but sometimes she nails it. As far as SATC goes I think Samantha had the best style.

posted over 3 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

I agree with @loulie_t Samantha had by far the best style in the show. Carrie has very childish and age inappropriate looks most of the time. Very bizarre, entertaining though!

posted over 3 years ago

sundaycrossbow
Style_council
sundaycrossbow

Carrie Bradshaw forever. Still sad it went off the air.

posted over 3 years ago

kittenhood
Style_council
kittenhood

you’re right! so many of her outfits instantly became iconic!

posted about 3 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Agreed! She is a great style icon!

posted about 3 years ago

notsohum
Style_council
notsohum

Yes she definatly is, but I think that Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda our style icons because they all have such diffrent style

posted about 3 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I never got into sex and the city. 40-50 year old women having random sex and acting/dressing like they’re hip young 20-somethings? I just hope they’re not going to release another sex in the city when they’re all 60 lol

the only episode I ever watched was her having a one-night stand with a stranger, not leaving the apartment and going through his things while he was at work, then getting caught and admitting her fault—then they never see each other again. I watched the movie with friends a while ago—literally the only thing I remember was that one old cougar gets fat because she stops having sex with young men or something? carrie bradshaw’s style stands out to me, but never in a good way—the only thing I can think of is that ungodly white flower dress (or was that sarah jessica parker?) I apologize for the rant, but I really just don’t like that show :(

posted about 3 years ago

Lollypopz94
Style_council
Lollypopz94

Carrie was very hit and miss for me but I have to say the last two episodes (An american girl in paris) was where she shon! The clothes were simply stunning! They must have had a lot of money for the wardrobe leftover….

posted about 3 years ago

kavzme
Style_council
kavzme

I think Carrie is a character….whom we would never wanna say goodbye to….We all want to live as Carrie….the least…we can live through her….i just hope more SATC comes our way..!!

posted about 3 years ago

Jemay5810
Style_council
Jemay5810

i love her! shes one of my ICON in fashion and in LIFE as well… i miss her so much…

posted about 2 years ago

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

I love her! Funny because I just made my bf watch sex and the city re runs with me last night. While I wouldn’t exactly replicate her outfits I always enjoyed the splashes of colour, print, texture and layering.

posted about 2 years ago

lamechic
Style_council
lamechic

LOVE LOVE LOVE CARRIE BRADSHAW!

posted about 2 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I can’t stand Sex and the City. I never understood what all the fuss was about.

posted about 2 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION