SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Careers

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SuzeV
Style_council
SuzeV

I really, really like English, so I want to be a English teacher. I think it was all the influence my English teachers had through out all my life. But I want to open up a boutique. These two things aren’t even related in the slightest, but I love the thought of both of them. Do you think that I can do both or that I need to focus on one or the other? I need help.
XOXO

posted over 3 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Life lasts longer than you think, for most of us anyway. I think you can very well do both in your lifetime!

I would recommend getting training to be an English teacher if you can afford it now, and then you’d be ready to teach right away and you always have that training to fall back on no matter what. The startups of opening a boutique could be really expensive, but the nice thing about the Internet age is you can also do things like open up an Internet boutique and get started there without having to pay rent and utilities on a storefront. Plus while it’s starting up (usually pretty slow) you could teach at the same time. Then when you want to switch your focus, you already have a following excitingly waiting for the store.

posted over 3 years ago

YOUTHAGAINSTFASHlON
Style_council
YOUTHAGAINST...

I agree with MurasakiNeko :)

I am a teacher and I love it. But I’ve always thought about doing something different, I’m not that young but not even too old to switch my career nearly in the future…
Leave all options open :) And think about opening an Online Shopping first, so that you can afford both :)

posted over 3 years ago

xokeishaxo
Style_council
xokeishaxo

One of my teachers opened a mini golf/ batting cages place. Granted, she’s a physical education teacher so it’s sort of related and her husband owns a different business so a lot of the knowledge came from him, it still happened.

Anything is possible.

Decide what route you’d want to take as far as a boutique. Do you want to be the only owner? Are you willing to go in with somebody that has more knowledge or more money? What you’re willing to do honestly determines a lot of what you need to do. See what your school offers as far as business and retail classes and take a couple. Maybe even just ask if you can sit in on them and absorb knowledge. Intro to retail and an introductory business course would be great.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION