SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Careers

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
music56765
Style_council
music56765

Is anyone else looking towards becoming a magazine editor? What are your hints and advice?

I have always loved magazines but i recently found that i really enjoy writing. I am taking a journalism class at my school and I am soon to be the bussiness manager of our school newspaper.

posted about 3 years ago
freshlook
New_user freshlook is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When freshlook reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
freshlook

I read this on Chictopia’s blog Everybody is Ugly about how to become a fashion journalist that might help!

My advice is to get quality work experience while you’re still in school. Sometimes one journalism title isn’t enough—do as much as you can at one time without diluting the quality of your schoolwork. Do work that challenges you, work up to the title you want, and continue to do your own outside research about the publishing industry, current news in publishing, and subscribe to some magazines. If you’re truly passionate, you’ll do most of this without feeling like it’s work! Also, don’t forget that every writing job is an opportunity to get writing samples so make sure to get some amazing writing samples! Those will really help you stand out from the crowd of people trying to become editors.

Good luck!

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION