Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Careers

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
brandy_alexander
New_user brandy_alexander is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When brandy_alexander reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
brandy_alexa...

what would you choose? I will have to move across the country if I want my dream career because the city that I live in doesn’t offer jobs in fashion journalism. I’ve been with my boyfriend for over a year now though, and he can’t move any time soon because of his specific situation. So would you choose a career that requires you to move or to stay with your significant other? Anyone else experience this dilemma?

posted over 3 years ago
1 2
silwix
Style_council
silwix

career.

posted over 2 years ago

KateSeverson
New_user KateSeverson is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When KateSeverson reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KateSeverson

Career, definitely.

If your current boyfriend is really “the one” then he will be supportive of your choice and you’ll both find a way to make it work. I spent almost 2 years across the country from my boyfriend exploring some career options and while it didn’t work out like I was hoping it would, my boyfriend was fully supportive and when I moved back to where he lived our relationship was stronger than ever. If this is really your dream career you need to go for it.

posted about 2 years ago

discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

There’s this really cool quote from Lady Gaga and thought it would be relevant:

“Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you’re wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn’t love you anymore.”

Lol

posted over 1 year ago

aboutthatnerdlyfe
New_user aboutthatnerdlyfe is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When aboutthatnerdlyfe reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
aboutthatner...

It’s hard when it comes to stuff like that, but I would have to choose career for a bit. Having a long distance relationship stinks, but you also need to be financially stable to even have a future together. Sacrificing your time now for a better future is worth it in the end.

I always say that if you want it bad enough, you can make it happen. But with that, you have to be patient and utilize your time in a smart manner.

posted about 1 year ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION