Forum > Careers

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
pleasurebabyy
Style_council
pleasurebabyy

Hello everyone!

It is so hard to separate yourself from other designers, I just created a web promo for a final project and I ALWAYS feel like my work is never good enough….

do you ever feel that way too? how do you overcome that feeling?

The link is below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRwLAx2f7fw&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for your feedback<3

posted about 1 year ago
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I love your reel! It is very nicely put together! Awesome job! Can’t wait for the website :)

I think it’s common for designers to experience what we call the “99% complete syndrome”. You keep thinking that your work is 1% from being finished and you keep adding on and not knowing when it’s good enough. I find that it’s helpful to ask for feedback from a few people you trust. That way you know if your project is really lacking something or if it’s you as a designer who does not want to stop.

posted about 1 year ago

sensenotcents
Style_council
sensenotcents

I think you did a fantastic job. The colors and cleanliness are great. My few critiques would be the following:

-I did not like the effect on the text “my expertise” hides some of the letters. It goes by so quickly that I found it difficult to read. I would simply remove this effect or make it less harsh so even if someone paused the video, it would be legible.
-Perhaps consider slowing down the “my gallery” section. It is very well made, but prob. too fast for people to process. Maybe just enough to lengthen the entire video to 1:20-1:45 I understand how why you would want it to be very brief, but people shouldn’t have to play it more than once. Possibly balance out all of that valuable video space less on your contact information and a little longer in your gallery.

Again, great video! I envy your skills.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION