Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Careers

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
monkeyboy7
New_user monkeyboy7 is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When monkeyboy7 reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
monkeyboy7

Just came across this news today and thought some people here would like to know.

The Aveda Institute, a school that specializes in teaching hairstyling and esthiology (skin care), is offering four scholarships to prospective students. Their approach to giving out a hair school scholarship is fairly unconventional, but it totally makes sense. In short, they want applicants to create a video explaining why they were “born to style” and deserve a shot to study at such a cutting-edge school. Oh, and get this: the finalists will compete head-to-head before a winner is declared by a panel of experts.

Personally I’m glad that they’re going with this type of scholarship—it emphasizes skill rather than abstract grades or extracurriculars (y’known, things that will inevitably guide these people to success in their professional lives). Sure it’ll be taxing, but imagine the honour of being told by a pro that you’re an awesome contestant.

For those interested, you have until March 31st, 2012 to submit a video. The four scholarships are only intended for those planning to attend the Aveda Institutes in Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver and Victoria.

posted almost 3 years ago
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

I love the Aveda institute! When I lived in Michigan, I would always go there to get my hair done and any other things I’d need if I ever wanted to get pampered… they’re the best :)

posted almost 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION