Twitter
Googleplus
Mimiamore
New_user Mimiamore is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Mimiamore reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Mimiamore

Hi guys,

I need some help on which course I should choose as I want to make sure I choose the right one for me and not waste time/money on something not really relevant to what I want to do. I would ideally like to work on the ecommerce side of fashion retail/blogs/publishing etc. So companies such as Chictopia, Net a porter, The Outnet, ASOS, my-wardrobe, Caroline’s Mode, Fashiolista, sugar inc etc. I don’t know what role exactly so I wanted to study something that would give me some leverage to break into that sector.

A next step advisor pointed me to wards a fashion business access course which would be a full time year long course starting next September however in the mean time I wanted to do a short course/s to prove my interest , learn more about the industry and hopefully use to gain a career or a starting point.

Any advice or help would be appreciated as I’ve asked a couple of supposed career advisors and they’ve not really known where to point me! :) Thanks so much xx

posted over 2 years ago
tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

Marketing, business, communication and PR all work well with the fashion world!

posted over 2 years ago

CarleyElizabeth
Style_council
CarleyElizabeth

I agree with the post above it might also help to take some writing classea, maybe journalism since you want to do blogs and such! Good luckk!

posted over 2 years ago

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

You don’t really need any course for Public Relations (since it’s all about character, and you’re gonna learn everything you need when you’re there).

If you plan to do fashion editing or anything related to fashion, do fashion design, styling courses, writing courses, or management; because in fashion, it’s not just having having an eye for fashion, it’s also about being able to give a concrete representation of the way you want to express fashion. :)

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION