SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Careers

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
FelicitaHioe
Style_council
FelicitaHioe

Hi, I’m Feli. I am thinking of being a fashion stylist, and keep learning about this job. I know the goal but I don’t know where to start. Now I just be a fashion blogger, answering Yahoo Answer on Beauty and Style section, and go to fashion shows, but I’m not sure of what am I doing to reach the goal. Do you have some advice of the steps I have to take?

posted over 2 years ago
AshDefines
Style_council
AshDefines

I would say, get a job in retail. There you get to learn a lot about, people. Their taste, trends, styles, how-to’s and more.
Best way to learn is by being in the action as much as possible. Ask your friends and family to give you permission to style them an outfit. Read books, magazines on fashion things. If you know any photographers ask them if you can be able to assist them in a photo shoot.
There are many ways to branch out and learn. Succes

posted about 2 years ago

AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

yea,pretty much what ashdefines said.
in addition, “play” dressup/makeover with your girlfriends or even guy friends-as in style their outfits and then take pictures, ask them how they fel about the look and keep the pictures, post them on a site…
good luck <3

posted about 2 years ago

lulut_marganingtyas
Style_council
lulut_margan...

passion and willing to work hard and learn more and more :)

posted about 2 years ago

ginanicolette
Style_council
ginanicolette

look at a ton of sites and just apply, apply, apply. Anything close to the field of fashion styling. Maybe you can get in the right direction that way, but you always have to start some where.

posted about 2 years ago

StephaniePorzio
Style_council
StephaniePorzio

Keep searching and it will come to you!

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION