Forum > Careers

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  fashion
CheriChictopia
Style_council
CheriChictopia

This is the official fashion illustrator thread. Want to become a fashion illustrator or have experience as a professional illustrator? Share some tips and your experiences here in this forum topic to help out fellow Chictopians!

xo,
Cheri

posted over 1 year ago
purplewang
Style_council
purplewang

My favorite fashion illustrators are The Blake Wright and Eri the Mermaid (you can google their blogs). I also interviewed Blake on my Chic Blog. It seems like as an illustrator you do a lot of freelance work, and have a side job in graphic design or something to pay the bills. You should put your work out there and start a site/blog and try to get exposure to bigger brands. Blake does freelance for Neiman Marcus now which is a pretty big deal! I’m not an illustrator though, but I do follow the career of many. I’d love to hear about the experience of others. :)

posted over 1 year ago

TheLoveAssembly
New_user TheLoveAssembly is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When TheLoveAssembly reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
TheLoveAssembly

My favourite Fashion Illustrators are Garence Dore and Bernadette form Decade Diary. I love watercolour illustrations the most!

We’ve interviewed some Fashion illustrators on our website here that have collaborated and done work for big brands such as H&M, Net-a-porter and Vogue and they started just by showcasing their work on their blog.

It’s amazing to hear their stories and look forward to sharing more creative individuals work!

posted over 1 year ago

karenlouise
New_user karenlouise is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When karenlouise reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
karenlouise

If you want to become self-employed as a fashion illustrator, you probably should maintain a steady job while developing your own client base. But remember that it will take lots of patience to get your business built, so be patient:)
P.S. My favorite fashion illustrators are Antonio lopez and David downtown

posted about 1 year ago

penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

learning fashion illustration is also good for those interested in fashion design since learning how to sketch is a must . I am curretly taking a fashion illustration course since I want to apply to FIT and what I have learned has amazed me. I know I wouldn't have learned as much if I was't taking this class.

posted 7 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION