SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Careers

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
noelstar7
Style_council
noelstar7

Ok so, I know i have a long time before I need to choose a career. Im really into fashion and have fun putting together outfits but am not that good at drawing outfits. So, I was wondering what career I could get in fashion that has a major focus on putting together outfits instead of designing them. Thanks Guys, ;)

posted over 2 years ago
headbandit
Style_council
headbandit

Putting together amazing outfits, whether it’s for a runway show or editorial in a magazine, is the major part of a stylist’s job! You could study fashion merchandising in school to get into a career like styling.
However, you said you have a long time before you need to choose a career, and you never know—your interests might change! You might find that you actually enjoy designing after studying it.
My best advice is to try out as many things as you can, whether it’s through classes in school, internships, or jobs.

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

You should definitely look into being a stylist; although, you may also want to look into fashion journalism, purchasing, and other aspects of the industry. Don’t limit yourself! Get to know the field, and you’ll find that there are all kinds of types of jobs out there!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION