Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Careers

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  freelance workweb designing
fashionizer
New_user fashionizer is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When fashionizer reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
fashionizer

I have 6 years of experience in web designing but I’ve never worked for a web designing company or anything related to that because I’m a freelancer who design websites as a hobby and I do it for the passion and not really as a job because I already have my own full time job. When I was 16-17, I started coding websites and sold them to people for $20-$30 per website and I was scolded severely by my parents because they told me I’ve been cheated. So I am not sure what is actually the market rate for designing a website. I design and build websites because it’s my passion and it’s not for the money. But can anyone advise me how much should I charge people so that I won’t be short-changed. Because I’ve just been approached by the organizer of F1 and Stanford University to design websites for them. Currently, I also have a few large MNC companies who seem keen to hire me as a freelance web designer but I always do not know what to tell them when they ask me how much I am charging them. Please advise thanks.

posted about 1 year ago
fal128
Style_council
fal128

According to this site, at least $200 minimum.

http://webdesign.about.com/od/beforeyoustartawebsite/a/how-much-should-a-web-design-cost.htm

That sounds about right, because this is how much graphic designers charge. I just finished a graphic design course and as you know, designing is a lot of work, so make sure people understanf this if they try togive you a hard time.

Do you have your own website? I’d love to see your work myself. Good luck to you :)

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION