SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Bridal

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I are thinking of getting engaged, and we don’t really know if it’s “proper” to send cards announcing that you got engaged, or if you only send invitations for the wedding?

posted about 2 years ago
Pantygirl
New_user Pantygirl is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Pantygirl reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Pantygirl

I think its fine. Me and my hubby did it and no one seemed to mind. Good luck!

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

People do that in the states all the time. Usually it’s just an excuse for the bride to spend more money, but it’s totally appropriate! You could always go real old fashioned and make an announcement in the news paper :) Personally, I just announced my engagement on Facebook, haha

posted almost 2 years ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I think you are wasting time and money with those invitations, it’s more easy on facebook :))

Ayesharonaify
Style_council
Ayesharonaify

i think a engagement is more of a personal kind of thing, id rather get engagement privately and then maybe have a little dinner with my closest family and friends to announce it :D

discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

Why not? Personally I would just do it on Facebook just because I’d be too lazy to send out announcements. But then again, engagements are a happy and joyful thing. If you feel the need to celebrate by sending out announcements then you should totally do it!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION