SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Bridal

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Ok, this is hypothetical, but I was curious as to what other Chictopians would do. What would you do if your mom wanted you to wear her old wedding dress, but you didn’t like it or it didn’t fit you well. Would you wear it anyway or find a way to tell her you wanted to pick out your own dress?

posted almost 2 years ago
Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

My mom didn`t ask me something like that, but it he would, I wouldn`t do it. In fact,I am wearing her wedding dress when I go out- I cut it and I added some tulle…and now I have a nice sweet dress….

posted almost 2 years ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I wouldn’t mind wearing my mother’s old wedding dress. I might want to modify it or alter it a little though. I think it would be sweet to get married in my mother’s wedding dress. :)

posted over 1 year ago

anniehall
Style_council
anniehall

My mum didn’t make me wear her dress…just put it on and took pictures of me in it

posted over 1 year ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Only if I could modify it. I wouldn’t want to hurt her feelings but I would want to let her know that I also want a dress that fits and suits me on my wedding day :)

posted over 1 year ago

marushka
Style_council
marushka

Her “dress” was a white Ralph Lauren shift dress and vintage skirt/lace… I love the pictures of her and would happily wear these clothes – but rework them in my own way!

posted over 1 year ago

Off4thandGraham
Style_council
Off4thandGraham

I would wear it but alter it to something I liked

KimberlyLove.net

posted over 1 year ago

Pantygirl
New_user Pantygirl is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Pantygirl reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Pantygirl

I would wear it if it went with the color scheme I was going with and it wasn’t too faded.

posted over 1 year ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I would first trying and get it fitted to my body and have tailors change it up to my liking. If that still doesn’t work then, I’ll have to be honest and straight up with my mother and just tell her that her dress won’t be able to work out for my wedding.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION