SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Bridal

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Just wondering. Weddings are soo expensive so who usually pays for weddings? Do both families chip in and help or is it usually one sided? If it is one sided, who’s side is it usually?

posted over 1 year ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Traditionally, it’s supposed to be the bride’s family, but I think nowadays it’s more common for everyone to pitch in. My husband and I spent a lot of our own money. Then again, I think we had a small wedding and I think only spent about $3000 :)

posted over 1 year ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

Now this matter can be discussed. In my case, my FI and I aare paying for the wedding. My mother is throwing us an engagement party and the money gifts from the party will be used towards our wedding which is really helpful. My mom is paying for the dress – its a traditional gift.

posted about 1 year ago

angelspark
Style_council
angelspark

most of the time its the bride’s family…. more modernly, its both sides :D

posted about 1 year ago

sailormoonusagi
Style_council
sailormoonusagi

The parents of the bride have to pay the bride cake!

posted about 1 year ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

If my boyfriend and I are expecting my parents (or even his parents) to contribute anything to the wedding, we’ll be screwed.

My wedding is going to be very cost effective. Its going to be outside, in the fall, and everything will be DIY. I’m not going to have flowers for the actual ceremony but beautiful leaves. The only flowers will be my bouquet and the flowers for the reception.
The most expensive thing will probably be where we hold the reception and the gown. Everything else will be good priced.
I don’t want to start the new chapter of my life in debt. Just saying.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION