Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Bridal

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  wedding gownweddingbridal gowndresswedding dressblousesdressesfashionfashionjewelryjewelrytopstrendsbuy jaipuri suits onlineevening-wear
Taliscollection
Style_council
Taliscollection

Hi ladies, I am currently planning my wedding and I am loving it. I got my wedding gown from Pronovias for my wedding day and a blush gown from Watters for my Paris photo shoot. What's your fav brand / designer and would you mind sharing with us? 

You can check out my fav dresses here: http://www.blog.talis.com.au/wedding/

posted 10 months ago
lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I got my dress from a local boutique called One Enchanted Evening. I was really pleased with it. They had designer wedding dresses for reasonable prices.

http://www.oneenchantedevening.com/

posted 9 months ago

Taliscollection
Style_council
Taliscollection

@lizolsen2011 I love JLM Couture but there is only one shop in Melbourne and there is none in Sydney. Can you believe it? Their gowns are so lovely :) 

posted 9 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I had never heard of JLM Couture before but I looked them up and those wedding gowns are stunning.

I wore Sottero and Midgley's Billie Gown when I got married in 2011 and I'm still obsessed with the dress :)

http://www.sotteroandmidgley.com/printDress.aspx?style=ASM3387

posted 9 months ago

Taliscollection
Style_council
Taliscollection

Nice. Is it difficult to store the wedding gown? 

I've tried on a few gowns from MaggieSottero, Hannah one is nice but super heavy. I ended up getting a gown from Pronovias :) 

posted 9 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

Sadly, I still haven't gotten it dry cleaned ($200 most places around here). They give a really good garment bag with it and its hanging in a closet right now. Really have to get to getting it dry cleaned and preserved.

posted 9 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

Btw when is your wedding?

posted 9 months ago

Taliscollection
Style_council
Taliscollection

@lizolsen2011 Oct this year :) Oh yeah you should dry clean it the preserve if you are planning to keep it. 

posted 9 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

When in October? My anniversary is 10/15/11.

I'm definitely going to keep it but don't really see myself wearing it again. I just need to bring myself to spend the $200 to dryclean something I'm not about to wear. It has high sentimental value and well value - it was expesive. So I really do need to take care of it.

posted 9 months ago

Taliscollection
Style_council
Taliscollection

@lizolsen2011 26 Oct :) so your wedding was in autumn? Was the weather nice in US? It is spring in Sydney so I hope it won't rain :) 

Oh wedding is so expensive nowadays. My invitation designer offers me a free wedding site, that's so nice of her!! :) She is from NYC... and my photographer is from US too hehehe... 

posted 9 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

It was a fall wedding. We live in upstate NY so the weather was all over the place. We went to a wedding the weekend before our own and it was in the 70s ours was in the 40s and rainy :(  It didn't ruin our day though it was wonderful. I got all my invitations and photography locally. Weddings are extremely expensive. Its kind of outrageous.

posted 9 months ago

JoyW
Style_council
JoyW

I scored my Marchesa dress from Neiman's Last call!!! It's similar to what Mark Walhberg's wife wore at their wedding.

I really wanted something lacey, but this dress made me feel like a million bucks. I love the fabric and the intricate details :)

posted 9 months ago

Taliscollection
Style_council
Taliscollection

@JoyW, omg, I love their dresses. Would you mind sending us a link to the dress here? I am sure its adorable. 

posted 9 months ago

mishpish
Style_council
mishpish

I got mine in a small Boutique in Sudbury, Ontario, it was a rushed wedding, and then I got another one 2 years later in China. I'm not so much into branding but more the style and how it suits my personality and body :)

posted 9 months ago

Taliscollection
Style_council
Taliscollection

@mishpish what's the quality of the dress you got from China tho? I heard its really cheap but not sure about the quality. 

posted 9 months ago

mishpish
Style_council
mishpish

@Taliscollection, it really depends where you get it, I got it from a boutique that exports their dresses and designs to Europe so it was actually pretty expensive in comparison to the prices of other wedding dresses in China and much better quality. There are many hand made aspects to the dress :)

posted 9 months ago

Taliscollection
Style_council
Taliscollection

It must be quite challenging when you looked for wedding gowns online because you can't try them on? I can get dresses online but I dont feel comfortable getting a wedding gown online still :) you must be very good at online shopping :) 

posted 9 months ago

mishpish
Style_council
mishpish

@taliscollection I was actually personally there. There are some places that do custom wedding dresses if you choose a design and send in your measurements, and then they mail it to you… I’m not 100% on the details of the process but it’s definitely do – able and you pick your own fabric :)

posted 9 months ago

Taliscollection
Style_council
Taliscollection

ic ic. I am getting my Bridesmaid dresses from China too, but its an online website which let buyer leave their feedback there. There are so many people from all over the world have purchased there, so it should be good. :) 

BTW, congrads on your new website. :) It is fun isn't it :)

posted 9 months ago

mishpish
Style_council
mishpish

@taliscollection well congrats! I’m sure it’ll turn out great! :) and yes the website is quite exciting. Many things to learn as I go along! :)

posted 9 months ago

Taliscollection
Style_council
Taliscollection

Yes are you doing it part-time or full-time? 

posted 9 months ago

wearndesigner
New_user wearndesigner is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When wearndesigner reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
wearndesigner

My favourite designer when it comes to wedding outfits and evening-wear is defintely John Charles, they're a british company and they have some of the most amazing dresses and outfits I have seen

posted 2 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION