SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Bridal

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Just finished watching the episode of How I Met Your Mother where (insert character name here.. I don’t want to give spoilers) can’t decide whether to get a band or a DJ for their wedding. Is this a very big decision to make? I never realized it was. Which one would you prefer and why?

posted over 1 year ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I think they like to blow things out of proportion on that show, but then again, I’m pretty laid back when it comes to wedding stuff! If I had had the money, I probably would have gotten a DJ. Then you can request songs you know and like and it’s a little less fuss. Choosing a band can take a lot more time since you have to sample their music, arrange for them to set up, etc. Plus it’s more expensive and there might be a lot more equipment to deal with. That’s just my take, though.

posted over 1 year ago

tightsenthusiast
Style_council
tightsenthus...

I think I would go with a DJ. I get to request the songs that they play and you don’t have to worry about the songs sounding weird. I agree with Cattiebeaty, I think hiring a band will include more work and planning. Unless I had friends who had their own band, I would go with the DJ. :)

posted over 1 year ago

Ayesharonaify
Style_council
Ayesharonaify

dj

posted over 1 year ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

DJ also because my venue will not allow bands.
Also it’s less expensive.
Also I’m young and want a party like atmosphere. Bands are great for a sophisticated affair.

posted over 1 year ago

LyssBlondish
Style_council
LyssBlondish

Band.

posted over 1 year ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

Band

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION