Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
dciree
Style_council
dciree

do you follow a particular store or something… would that work? like say follow american apparel and what they are selling is going to become popular soon? not saying you should blindly follow what is trendy, i am just curious how do you know such things.

posted about 2 years ago
BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

It’s not difficult. I think most people accidentally follow trends because they just buy what they want in the shops and, of course, the shops only sell the latest trends.

I don’t think American Apparel really sell anything trend-led though. They just sell their own thing and it has become a trend because of their popularity. I know a lot of their items have been available for years so they’re not changing stock with the season.

I don’t care and just wear what I like to wear, regardless of the trends.

If you really want to know, then you should read fashion magazines. They will tell you what the next trends will be months in advance, way before the shops start stocking new season’s items.

posted about 2 years ago

TheresaPaquette
Style_council
TheresaPaquette

Trends are usually determined by runway shows. If, say, four major designers all used color blocking in their runway shows for any given season, the fashion magazines would tell their readers, “Color blocking is huge for this season.” People will be able to buy color-blocked garments both from the original designers who used them and more affordable stores, who take a cue from them to know what’s on trend.

posted about 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

Becky hit it right on the nose, most people follow trends by buying things from mainstream shops, and mainstream shops only carry the current trends. There are those who follow the RTW runway shows and purposefully follow trends, but most just go with what they like.

Me, personally, I tend to lean towards whatever tickles my fancy, which is almost always something someone British is wearing. So, I guess I go with whatever is big in Britain, disregarding that I’m American.

posted about 2 years ago

vampiresandtheirguns
Style_council
vampiresandt...

I mainly either go through different style blogs, watch youtube beauty bloggers vids or read Company magazine which has an update every month of the latest trends – high street edit – where three members of the fashion team talk about their fave trends of the month and how to achieve that look.

posted about 2 years ago

penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

I usually buy what is appealing to my eyes. But I also tend to visit blogs and read fashion magazines.

posted about 2 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

I get my info from fashion shows, magazines and blogs primarily! :)

posted about 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Fashion and style blogs, retailer newsletters, look books, fashion magazines, and of course, Chictopia!

posted about 2 years ago

ginanicolette
Style_council
ginanicolette

Theres magazines, of course if you dont want to subscribe you can always look online at vogue, teen vouge, seventeen, glamour and alot of other ones. This site is great to learn trends, also making up your own is great and let others follow that! Pinterest is another great site for fashion

posted about 2 years ago

beadimaculangan
Style_council
beadimaculangan

Watch, learn and read a lot about fashion trends =)

posted almost 2 years ago

lalipops
Style_council
lalipops

Fashion sites and blogs!

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION