Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
mel191090
Style_council
mel191090

i’m new in getting fashionable,,i used to wear oversize t shirts and baggy pants..but decided to change d way i look at clothing but i’m kinda confused wid these…mind helping???

posted almost 6 years ago
Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Well, I’m pretty sure that tights and stockings are the same thing, although I’ve heard the word tights be used instead of leggings before. But in general, stockings are the typical nylon kind that are bound to get runs in them at some point or another. Leggings are often footless, sometimes cropped (meh) and usually made out of cotton. Of course there’s exceptions to both, but that’s just what I’ve noticed.

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

Stockings typically refer to tights that are meant to be dressier and more professional; the slightly sheer black nylons that you would wear with a suit.

Tights are full length legwear that can come in a variety of materials and colors and typically aren’t as dressy as stockings.

Leggings are never full-length (hence they only cover your legs and not your feet) and are far more casual than anything else.

heatherrr
Style_council
heatherrr

Stockings are sheer nylons that only reach the thigh, and are usually held up with a garter belt, but a lot of people refer to all nylons/pantyhose as stockings.

And sometimes leggings are also referred to as “footless tights.”

Aetiyuel21
New_user Aetiyuel21 is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When Aetiyuel21 reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
Aetiyuel21

Tights are slightly thinner than Leggings, and are not intended to be worn alone. Leggings are made of thicker material, and though it is not often recommended in fashion, they may be worn alone and are often used for working out. Tights generally stretch over the feet and all the way up to the waist, entirely covering the legs while Leggings usually end at the ankles, and do not normally cover the feet.
Well, Stockings are of Sheer Nylons that its length reach only up to thigh and cover the feet. Stockings usually worn with held up accessories like garter or suspender belt. Click Here!

posted about 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

Thights are usually made of nylon or wool, have a crotch and a waistband,either reinforced or not, that come in a variety of opacities, also referred to as denier.

Leggings are made of denim, lycra, jersey, wool aka a wide range of fabric, and don’t usually cover the feet.

Stockings are thigh-high nylons.

All of these also have a strong referrence to the decade when they were first made popular :)

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION