Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
nevermindme
Style_council
nevermindme

...that every girl should have in her closet? I often wear the same two shoes over and over but don’t knwo what kinds of shoes to buy that I can wear for years to come. I’m going to be in college in a year and don’t want to have just two pairs of uggs, some ok black wedges, a nice sandal, two pumps and a TON of flip flops. Maybe it sounds like I have a bunch of shoes when I list them out like but it really feels like I have nothing, nothing I tend to wear much anyway. So plese help me figure out what “basics” I should buy so I have a better shoe wardrobe that’s versitile and classy! Thank you!!

posted almost 6 years ago
nati
Style_council
nati

First I must confess my love for shoes: I can’t get enough of them. With that said, my “shoe basics” this summer are gladiators, peep toe flats, round pumps and stilettos, and for winter, I usually wear oxfords, ankle and flat boots.
If you are looking for a better shoe wardrobe for college (versatile and classy) I think that the first thing that you need to buy is a pair of nice ballet shoes or/and a pair of gladiator sandals to wear during summer days. And some flat boots for winter.
If you are on a tight budget, I recommend you to get a pair of classic stiletto pumps for the night, because you can wear them all year long.
About the color and material, I think that it’s all about personal style, most of my shoes are colored, because I use them to emphasize what I’m wearing…
That’s about it, I hope I helped you :)

nevermindme
Style_council
nevermindme

Thank you! That helps so much! :)

lulu
Style_council
lulu

Flat ankle boot/ combat boot
Black leather heel or platform
Strappy sandal
Pump – round toe and short point
Lace up flats

purpleroom
Style_council
purpleroom

I find I can wear my metallic heels (light silver and bronze) and flats (distressed dark gold) with a lot, pick ones that aren’t a trashy, bright or shiny metallic. As well as one pair of black leather boots and one dark or tan brown leather.

MelissaFFF
Style_council
MelissaFFF

im not sure if there is a basic on shoes lol , my motto is if its hot!!! buy em lol

posted about 3 years ago

well_heeled
New_user well_heeled is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When well_heeled reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
well_heeled

Well your basics for spring/summer should be:
1) Ballerina Flats (to go with skinnies and a cardi)
2) Summer sandals (with summer dresses)
3) Pointed/round pumps (for formal events)
4) A really sexy pair of peep toe pumps/slingbacks (partayyyy)

but of course a girl can never have enough shoes…… ;)

posted about 3 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

classy black/cream flats
statement heels
platforms/wedges

posted about 3 years ago

literalloren
Style_council
literalloren

My style staples are:

flats
ankle/ mid- calf boots
wedges
tennis shoes

Ideally, I would have all of the above in black, brown, and nude, but, since I’m a student who works part time in retail, I buy what I can afford-one pair in each style. I try to find shoes that will transition well into every season, so, in my closet you’ll find black flats, brown leather wedges, brown ankle oxford boots, and black athletic shoes.

The black flats compliment any outfilt; I prefer wearing the oxford ankle boots with sun dresses to juxtapose the femininity of the dress. Wedges add spice. For example, for a wedding this saturday, I am wearing my ‘little black dress’ with a cream cardigan, fishnets, and my brown wedges to add a sexy spark. My black tennis shoes are primarily for work, because I’m on my feet for hours, and it doesn’t matter if they get dirty or scuffed, because i can throw them in the wash. I also wear tennis shoes for outside activity like walking by the river- trail or hiking.

Regardless, wear what works for your taste and lifestyle.

-Literal Loren

posted about 3 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

wedges, pumps +peep toe, flats, ankle boots with/out peep toe

posted about 2 years ago

FashionTrendsMore
Style_council
FashionTrend...

I think that everyone has their own personal “basics”. Mine are currently a pair of tan flatforms and gray oxfords but yours could be totally different! I suggest buying a few pairs of cheap shoes and seeing which ones you wear the most and then purchase a more expensive, better quality, similar style of shoes

posted about 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

i think a neutral flat-in a black, nude,gray, or white is ideal. Cheetah print flats have also been very good in my taste. Black formal shoes are necessities. I think some kind of fun sandal for when the weather’s right. If you need to be walking around a lot, like in school, flat shoes-oxfords, ballerina, gladiators, or sneakers are your best friend. CONVERSE are great too.

posted about 2 years ago

EmilyLove
New_user EmilyLove is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When EmilyLove reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
EmilyLove

I like heels, wedges and ankle boots.

posted about 2 years ago

MyAlexasStore
Style_council
MyAlexasStore

Combat or biker boots
Strappy Sandals neutral
Pumps in a bright color or animal print
Black wedges

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION