Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
nonslip_paperclips
Style_council
nonslip_pape...

My sister bought me this beautiful mint green leather tote a few days ago. I’m in love with the bag & its spaciouness makes it perfect for daily use to carry all my uni books/laptop.

My only problem is: what on earth do I wear with it?

My usual style revolves around wearing neutral basics (white/grey/black) with edgy/interesting jewellery and shoes (love my lace up boots and chunky, architectural heels). Sometimes I like to wear a pop of colour to contrast with the neutrals.

I know that I can match summery pastels (lemon, pink, cream, lavender, white) with my mint bag, but I don’t want to look overly feminine. I also want to keep the edginess/quirkiness in my look, but have no idea how.

I’d greatly appreciate any suggestions!

posted over 5 years ago
elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

Oh I really love that bag. I think it would be nice with your style. It’s pretty femme but I would try to toughen it up with a leather jacket and skinny jeans for fall and winter.

posted over 5 years ago

ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

theowlsarenotwhattheyseem has a mint green bag and she wears hers really well. I think a lot of colors go well with it.

posted over 5 years ago

mayieta
Style_council
mayieta

Mint green is so pretty, but it’s such a hard color to match well. Personally I’d suggest a lot of black, maybe some texture to make it interesting. I really like brown with mint too, and I agree with cocosnuss about the red.

posted over 5 years ago

jazzyhwang
Style_council
jazzyhwang

it’s a really really great color (: i have a bag that color too! and i seriously have been wearing it everyday. it gives a nice touch to everything and it surprisingly matches everything! it’s almost like a neutral!

posted over 5 years ago

Izacouto
Style_council
Izacouto

It’ll look pretty with a long sheer black skirt and a neutral cardigan :)

posted over 3 years ago

kirbyn
Style_council
kirbyn

I think if you have a bright bag, you can pair it with neutrals so it really pops. structured blacks and whites would work really well.

posted over 3 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

I think this can go with pretty much anything. Its such a lovely colour. My favorite way of pairing it would have to be with neutrals, blues, purples, tangerine and even black.

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION