Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
becalala
Style_council
becalala

I have a job interview on friday for a pub, kind of a posh pub, if you’re from the UK then you may have heard of Wetherspoons.
What do I wear?! I’ve never been to a job interview before, I want to look kind of stylish too!

posted about 4 years ago
becalala
Style_council
becalala

HELP anyone?

posted about 4 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I don’t live in the UK but I would suggest a nice blouse with trousers or a high waisted pencil skirt. You can never go wrong with that. And then put your spin one it with accessories, just don’t overdo it. good luck

posted about 4 years ago

oliviaba7x
Style_council
oliviaba7x

picture yourself 20 years from now in your dream job….
imagine what you would wear for that.
dress for the postion you want someday not for the one your applying too.
keep it professional. nice skirt, maybe some pants, and a profesional top, no cleaveage and if you can avoid showing off your shoulders go for that. a belted top, a cute button down can work perfectly. as for accesories if the outfit is neutral go with a hint of color in your accesories. keep it cute but simple.

posted about 4 years ago

joanneseo
Style_council
joanneseo

Yeah I agree with oliviadeathstain. You should dress professional but fashionable without showing too much skin. I would go with high waisted skirt with a blouse. Or a nice shirt with high waisted skirt with blazers. Blazers give you that professional look you might be wanting to have for an interview. Afterall they want to hire someone who knows and even look like they know what they’re doing. Good luck, love!

posted about 4 years ago

EmployedPanache
Style_council
EmployedPanache

Hmmmm I’ve only been an interviewer in a corporate setting, but here are my thoughts… If stylish is appropriate (in other words, they are not a bunch of sticks in the mud), have some fun with accessories. You can play up a basic skirt/suit that way. Check out my blog post on Interview Styles

Good luck!!!!!!!

posted about 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION