Twitter
Googleplus
sfrank12
New_user sfrank12 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When sfrank12 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sfrank12

i bought a high waisted red skirt with white polka dots (the polka dots are outlined in a very soft black, almost grey, very thin line).

it looks a little like this: http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/292712-Wardrobe+Remix-+Button+up+blou-blue-blouse-red-skirt-white-shoes-black-swimwear-brown-accessories-bro

…but it’s not that summery! the colors are not quite as bright.

i can’t figure out what to wear with it to look a little more wintery – i’m not so great at figuring out leggings/tights and shoes and such.

anyone have any ideas?
thanks!<3

posted almost 4 years ago
hii_live
Style_council
hii_live

A black polo-neck, stockings and booties? Add a statement necklace and pull up your hair!

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Absolute easiest way to winterize it would be to add black or grey tights, especially since there’s the grey outline to the polka dots. If it’s not too cold where you are, knee-high or over-the-knee socks would be great, too. Boots would help winterize it as well. For example, grey sweater tights with high black boots.

Then on top wear something with long sleeves or in a heavier fabric. A waist belt and a cardigan would be a really classic way to style it.

I think the key to winterizing is to choose heavier fabrics, closed-toe shoes, and wintery neutrals (black, grey, camel, brown, some white/cream) rather than bright colors.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Woolen tights and boots will definitely winter-ize the skirt. layering long tops and cardigans underneath a blazer or winter coat will make it more weather appropriate!

xxcorkscloset
Style_council
xxcorkscloset

Start off with black tights, than put on some knee socks [they can be gray, red, white, whatever you think looks good] and boots. Scrunch the knee socks above your boots a little so they don’t look awkward. Boots that hit between your mid calf and knee would work best. For the top I would wear button up and a cardigan tucked into the skirt.
Hope this helps!

julieangel122
Style_council
julieangel122

To keep warm I’d pair it with a tank, but over it I’d wear a cropped knit sweater. Definitely go for some tights. You could either go for knee high boots or high socks with angle boots for the winter as well! Lots of layers for winter :)

posted almost 3 years ago

not_nearly
Style_council
not_nearly

When you’re trying to make something look more wintery, usually you should pair it with dark colors and thick knits. But since that skirt is so brightly colored, it would probably clash with any dark neutrals. I would wear a white or grey chunky knit sweater (or a striped sweater, if you like mixing prints) with white tights under grey socks. Oxfords or cowboy boots would go good.

Please check out my blog

eucalya
Style_council
eucalya

you can try some black or grey tights with a woolen sweater and maybe ankle boots!

UniquecStyle
Style_council
UniquecStyle

A white tee with a statement necklace + blazer, if its not black even better so u can add color to ur outfit. u can also pair it up with some almost black sheer tights & black booties with a heal.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION