Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Ttwaters
Style_council
Ttwaters

I love to wear black. very simple,classic yet chic styles. Think Chanel bag, black skinny jeans, black pumps, white tank, boyfriend blazer, long chain necklace, watch or bangles. done.

buttt i live in FL and its soooo hot! I was wondering if black is still okay for spring/summer? I LOVE blazers and high heels. what can I do in summer to still keep my same style sense but summerize it more? I think going out at night I am still okay with my little black dress, not sure how to summerize that one either… but during the day, grabbing lunch etc i cant wear my norm
looking for a summer update on chic, classic, simple style. I do not like a lot of patterns and color going on

THANKS SO MUCH!!!

posted over 4 years ago
splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

You can still wear black in summer, just go for lighter and more airy materials like cotton, lightweight silks and linen rather than denim, polyester, viscose etc. Black attracts the heat so just make your outfits as lightweight as possible and don’t fuss about with too many layers.

posted over 4 years ago

MerryThePrankster
Style_council
MerryThePran...

I remember I was at a beach in Florida once, wearing black skinny jeans, a black shirt, a black blazer, and Chucks. I got some very odd looks.

Had I been wearing a breezy black dress and sandals, though, no one would’ve noticed. The key is to wear summery styles and textures that will spruce up the dark color and make it look less somber.

posted over 4 years ago

yamiann
Style_council
yamiann

stick to simpler pieces like rompers and light weight dresses.. though you don’t like patterns and color if you want to wear black in the summer, color and prints are a get way to tone down the black in the heat. also its super simple to take a day look into night, just by adding statement pieces in accessories and putting on great shoes will make any day outfit a great going out look.

posted over 4 years ago

girlpanic
Style_council
girlpanic

Lightweight fabrics and summery shapes are the trick here. I live in Alabama, so I know exactly the face-melting humidity and probably more so the odd stares for maintaining style in the heatwave that you are referring to. Make sure you’re comfortable, that’s most important.

posted over 3 years ago

ninafouche
Style_council
ninafouche

don’t know if you read fifty shades of grey, but christian once told ana " you should be in satins and silks". i also love wearing black, like you said it’s classy, but i now only wear black in satins and silks.

posted almost 2 years ago

mollyan
Style_council
mollyan

Lighter fabrics

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Well you definitely don’t want the blazer! And jeans will probably be quite hot too. Like others said, you might want to switch up the fabrics. I live in Texas, so I know exactly what you’re going through. I stick with silk and linen if I’m wearing pants in the summer, but mostly I wear dresses and skirts.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION