Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
queenelizabeth
Style_icon
queenelizabeth

how do you do it? i always end up looking like an extremely gawky penguin.

posted over 5 years ago
poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

I embrace it.

posted over 5 years ago

New_user 3683 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 3683 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

try not walking straight down the stairs, but at angle. Models tend to tilt their bodies to the side instead of dead on. This helps with gracefully going downstairs and not falling. Just let it come naturally too! hope that helps!

posted over 5 years ago

paperdoll
Style_council
paperdoll

whenever I’m on heels and going downstairs i always ask for assistance.
not the kind of assistance grandparents have! ^^
more like a partner, so that no one will notice I’m having a hard time going down stairs.
that helps me a lot.

posted over 5 years ago

fifthofjuly
Style_council
fifthofjuly

Walking down stairs in heels is hard. I usually hold someone’s hand for a bit of support and lightly hold the banister, but I’m pretty sure I look like a gawky penguin anyway..

posted over 5 years ago

lolorenee
Style_council
lolorenee

angle, rail/lightly touch the wall if necessary, or ask for someone’s hand if your shoes are quite difficult.

posted over 5 years ago

allison810
Style_council
allison810

i agree with lindseyrenee. i turn at an angle and always hold onto a railing if available. i take light steps too, instead of thumping down the stairs. it’s easy to end up stomping, but you want to walking on your tip toes to avoid that.

posted over 5 years ago

gimpyhobble
Style_council
gimpyhobble

I walk down the stairs backwards, if at all possible. XD

posted over 5 years ago

coutureinacup
Style_council
coutureinacup

I go down sideways. Well, almost sideways.
It seems to me though that going down stairs in heels is harder than going up them.

posted over 5 years ago

prettycake
Style_council
prettycake

haha i always have this problem. i usually end up clutching the rail and inching slowly down, or, if it gets too bad, just taking my heels off.

posted over 5 years ago

Fashionreloading
Style_council
Fashionreloa...

lol heels nd stairs are not a comfortable match
i usually tilt my body at a slight angle, look straight ahead like i’m confident that i look like someone who wears heels all the time and not a complete amature, lightly hold the banister and go down SLOWLY.

posted over 5 years ago

elle_em_bee
Style_council
elle_em_bee

i used to strut down stairs, without hanging on to anything, and I managed just fine. however, for some reason i’ve developed a very strong fear of falling down stairs recently, so i basically grip the railing for dear life now, haha. I don’t think it’s really that hard, you just have to know you can do it.

posted over 5 years ago

cursed_kross
Style_council
cursed_kross

I remember when I was in high school every other one of my classes were upstairs so I quickly learned how to walk down stairs. Fist hold the rail, but put most of the pressure on the palm and try to leave your fingers some what normal looking. White knuckling down doesn’t show confidence at all. The second part, walk down with just the pad/toes touching the stairs. This way you avoid the clunking sound and if you’ve ever fallen down stairs in heals you’ve probably noticed its usually when the heal goes down. Hope this helps (^_^)/

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION