Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I picked up this cobalt blue belted top from Maurice’s a few weeks ago. I love the way it looks on me – I didn’t know how flattering this color was with my skin tone until I tried on this top! I’m just not sure how to style it for my office.

I was thinking of wearing it with a blazer and black trousers, but my office is super casual – the boys tend to look pretty ratty (think torn jeans and dirty t-shirts). I try to bring some class to the place, but I also don’t want to look overdone or like I’m trying too hard. Any thoughts on how I can style this top without looking like looking completely out of place?

posted over 2 years ago
Roxx
Style_council
Roxx

If you think you’d look too classy and business like with the blazer why don’t you try with a simple black cardigan? you can leave it open and cinch the waist with the black belt the top has. :)

Or you can go with the top, the black blazer and a pair of jean shorts. That is chic with just the right amount of classy. Here is an example that looks great: Click Here!

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

Thanks for the advice! I’m thinking it’ll go quite nicely with the oversize cardigan I got from H&M the other day. The only denim shorts I have are too short for the office, but I think my flares or black skinnies will work.

Now I have tons of ideas of how to style it… thanks for the starting point! :)

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION