Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
TAGS:  blousesbowtiesdressesfashionfashionjewelryjewelryspring summer outfits clothing shoes edgytopstrends
spikyhairgirl
New_user spikyhairgirl is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When spikyhairgirl reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
spikyhairgirl

So, its starting to get warmer and I'm finding it hard to find things to wear. My style is kind of edgy but simple. In the fall and winter, I usually wear jackets or button up shirts with combat boots. But, when it gets warmer I don't really know what to wear that reflects my style. In the summer, I usually just wear a tshirt, shorts and my beat-up Vans. And I feel like I look like a 12 year old sometimes by the way I dress in the summer haha sooo I want to change that up. Maybe to something that is edgy and cute but also makes me like my age (I'm 19 by the way)

I also wanted some suggestions for some casual spring/summer shoes that I can wear everyday. My Vans are getting a little old haha.

Any suggestions? :)

posted 5 months ago
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

I used to have the same problem. I would be so happy during  fall and winter because I was able to layer up, where boots, and look all edgy. Then I'd get frustrated when spring would approach because I seriously would not know how to dress. I finally figured out a way I can wear summer clothes but still look a bit edgy: floral grunge. It's an old trend from the 90s but is still relevant today. You can keep wearing your combat boots but pair it with a floral dress instead of a button up. If it's too hot for combat boots, wear some gladiator sandals and pair your dress with a denim vest. You can see more ways to wear this style in this gallery. Hope this helps! :)

posted 5 months ago

avivranthing
Style_council
avivranthing

I'm definitely a huge fan of the floral grunge look, too! As for shoes, you can try cut-out boots as an alternative to spring - there are tons of different styles out there to try, but they all look chic to me! Again, they're versatile enough to pair with shorts, a cute dress, or even just jeans and a tank top. 

posted 5 months ago

spikyhairgirl
New_user spikyhairgirl is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When spikyhairgirl reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
spikyhairgirl

Yes, that is exactly my issue! Literally fall and winter are my favorite seasons for clothes!

Anyway, thanks for the help guys! I'm not a huge floral fan but I'll try it out! You never know, I might end up liking it. And I do like the cut-out boots suggestion. I'll definitly check those out!

posted 4 months ago

WinknPout
Style_council
WinknPout

Instead of the tee, try pairing up your shorts with a button down with sleeves rolled up. You can always throw an edgy waist coat over it or even a really light but long shrug. 

Other things that you could try is skirts and tees. Or paring up a nice dress with sneakers is really edgy now. 

And apart from the Vans, you could give strappy sandals a shot. Or try wearing mocassins or espadrilles. 

And if you are out of look ideas, you can check out the Wink n Pout app as well. 

posted 4 months ago

Awwdore
Shop_seller_2 Awwdore is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
Awwdore

Hi there! Hope you will like crochet top or cardi! Since you can just top it over a simple string vest and pair it with any shorts or jeans but still look gorgeous!

www.Awwdore.com or visit our store at chictopia for more options please!

posted 4 months ago

_konsciousvyb
Style_council
_konsciousvyb

I totally understand what your saying. It's sometimes easier to style ourselves during a certain season because thats like our 'comfort' season. I can understand where your coming form about the vans, I where my vns alot as well but recently I have been loving slip on sneakers. I'm a virtual stylist and I just put together this lookbook that has some great outfits for spring and a couple of great sneakers options to replace your vans. Check it out, maybe you'll like whats included!!

Lookbook:https://keatonrow.com/lookbook/5331e3795676af32620043aa

posted 4 months ago

mishpish
Style_council
mishpish

I think vans or converse shoes look super cute with some light dresses for the spring/summer time...

posted 4 months ago

RainaY
New_user RainaY is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When RainaY reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
RainaY

Zarop is an online store filled with feminine and stunning and statuesque drees,top sweaters ,Shoes and Handbags.The clothing at Zarop is know for different ptterns and personality Celebrity clothing.
We offer fashionable,affordable,and chic tops ,dresses,bootoms,and accessories.Ship worldwide so anyone from around the world can buy our products!

There is our promotioms are waitting for you ! The first prize $100 cash from Zrop.com .And the other amazing prize you can give!

This giveaway is open internationally and it will Ends at 11:59pm EDT on May 20th, 2014.Winners will be chosen through random.org and will be contacted through email.

HOW TO ENTER: (Please click:http://zrp.li/irpX33)

posted 3 months ago

RainaY
New_user RainaY is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When RainaY reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
RainaY

http://www.zarop.com/images/promotion/promotion350X265.gif
Zarop is an online store filled with feminine and stunning and statuesque drees,top sweaters ,Shoes and Handbags.The clothing at Zarop is know for different ptterns and personality Celebrity clothing.
We offer fashionable,affordable,and chic tops ,dresses,bootoms,and accessories.Ship worldwide so anyone from around the world can buy our products!

There is our promotioms are waitting for you ! The first prize $100 cash from Zrop.com .And the other amazing prize you can give!

This giveaway is open internationally and it will Ends at 11:59pm EDT on May 20th, 2014.Winners will be chosen through random.org and will be contacted through email.

To be eligible to enter: (MANDATORY!)
1. Like Zarop's Facebook page
2. Follow Zarop Twitter(@zaropfashion)
3. Following Zarop on Pinterest
4. make a comment at http://www.zarop.com/stretch-back-hollow-black-lace-dresses-p-375.html

For extra entries: (These are optional. But of course, more entries will give you more chances of winning!)
1. Tweet about the giveaway
2. Pin this Giveaway at Pinterest
3. Post the giveaway on Facebook
4. Share giveaway poster

HOW TO ENTER: (Please click: http://zrp.li/irpX33)

posted 3 months ago

beatriceCM
New_user beatriceCM is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When beatriceCM reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
beatriceCM

You could also try a bowtie, found some really cool ones on : http://creativemust.com/collections/bowties :)

posted 3 months ago

mishpish
Style_council
mishpish

Check out Mishpish Boutique for some cute spring/summer wear :) Currently offering Free Shipping to US and Canada + discount codes for following our bloggers or liking us on Facebook/Twitter.

http://mishpish.com/

:)

posted 3 months ago

lizolsen2011
Style_council
lizolsen2011

I have the floral lace top from Mishpish Boutique and absolutely love it. Here are some pics of me in it:

http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/1015120-Mishpish+Floral+Lace+Top-mishpish-boutique-top-skinny-guess-jeans

posted 3 months ago

Aparajita
Style_council
Aparajita

My style's exactly like yours. But hey, you'd rather dress like a 12 year old while you can right ;)

I personally opt for denim shorts in summer, if they're ripped, even better.

You could try incorporating jeggings or even boyfriend jeans in lighter denim hues or in an acid wash. You could also opt for skinny cargo pants or printed pants (how about plaid, they're grungy)

As for tops, I feel like basics are a safe bet because you can wear them plain in summers and layer them up in winters. 

Stripes, lots of stripes! I personally love them, and you can wear them not only on top but also at the bottom, striped pants seem to be in trend.

As for jackets, a light weight denim jacket or army jacket should look nice! :)

posted 3 months ago

Carelle
Style_council
Carelle

in terms of footwear, slip ons are really popular atm..they are very similar to Vans if you want to keep in a similar line. If I'm honest I prefer espadrilles cos they seem a little more sophisticated than Vans but still super casual. You could try the leather ones Topshop are selling currently to be a little edgier and different from the "espadrille norm". I bought some white ones over the weekend and love them..they go with everything. Hope that gives you some more ideas :)

posted 3 months ago

KimDamitaJoWilliams
New_user KimDamitaJoWilliams is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When KimDamitaJoWilliams reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KimDamitaJoW...

You can wear your combat boots with cute feminie dresses and skirts (as well as your shorts) to add and awesome edge to the look with a old band tee. As far as shoes you can get a cute pair of canvas sneakers to keep your look casual, and your style more true to you. Pointed toe flats are also a good idea but it's up to you ^_^

off4thandgraham.com 

posted 2 months ago

HollyAnn
New_user HollyAnn is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When HollyAnn reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
HollyAnn

How bout combat platform sandals paired with summer clothes? They are basically high heeled sandals but the soles are grooved like combat boots. :)

posted 2 months ago

yamigirl
Style_council
yamigirl

I would recommend light tops with embelishments like studs. Also, some cool jewerly would go great with flowy light tops. As for shoes, the gladiator sandal trend is really cool and edgy. Cutout oxfords are cute and edgy too!!

posted 2 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION