Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lattershed
Style_council
lattershed

okay, i just bought the shoes of a lifetime on ebay.

the AMAZING jil sander fall/winter 07 black platform heels are mine, for the price of a nice dinner. i am beyond stoked.

http://img17.imageshack.us/i/77418a.jpg/
go there to see a pic of these beautiful heels.

however,

they are a size 40 and i am a size 39.

i heard they were bit uncomfortable, so i intentionally got a size larger so i can fill them with padding and insoles to make them more walkable. my question is…can i feasibly pad this shoe enough so it fits me and my foot doesnt look weird?? also, what brand of insoles are most recommened? thanks so much, i can’t wait to post a look with these babies when they arrive.

posted over 4 years ago
geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

Well, a few things you can do, but you’ll experience varying degrees of success.

-Insert a whole foot insole (not just something for the arch of your foot)
-Insert a custom orthotic insole (they tend to be larger than standard insoles)
-Wear thick socks/tights

posted over 4 years ago

Amandapandazap
Style_council
Amandapandazap

Okay, this is going to sound weird, but after having surgery last summer and losing weight from not being able to eat (then slowly gaining it back because i LOVE food), I dropped an ENTIRE size in shoes. It sucked, because I had just bought all my wedges and high heels for the fall right beforehand. Some shoes I ended up exchanging, but others simply weren’t in stock a size smaller. dr scholls makes a lot of great orthopedic pads that not only make walking in sky high platforms comfy, but they also take up a ton of room; beyond that, just as geekbonchic said, tights can help, but there’s also a really great pad that you can insert behind your heel in the shoe that will keep your feet from sliding out of the shoes while you walk! sometimes if i’m about to leave my apartment I’ll do a ‘test strut’ and see how well the shoes fit (your feet can swell/shrink or sweat so every day its dependent on the climate and situation), but if you find you have just a BIT too much room, tear a tissue in half and make a half moon shape with it, and put that into the front end of your shoe. sooo weird, but it has definitely saved me from having to give away some of my favorite heels! good luck!

posted over 4 years ago

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

i agree with geekbonchic, try thick socks or tights, that always works for me

posted over 4 years ago

sophi
Style_council
sophi

try putting lambswool in the toes of the shoes. It’s nice and squishy, doesn’t get all compacted and hard like kleenex, breathable, etc. You can buy it at dance stores.

posted over 4 years ago

Katy90
Style_council
Katy90

try wearing a thicker socks

posted over 4 years ago

frictioninyourjeans
Style_council
frictioninyo...

I’ve had the same type of problem happen recently. I ordered a pair of shoes that were supposed to “true to size,” but instead, they’re a bit bigger. I wouldn’t say half a size bigger, because there’s no way I’d fit in the next size down. I’ve just been stuff the toes when I wear them with old pantyhose. It get’s the job done.

posted almost 3 years ago

madamushroom
Style_council
madamushroom

This is a great thread. Very informative!

posted almost 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION