Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
wobertow
Style_council
wobertow

how should i wear a shirt dress that’s mid thigh high? should i wear something under it? thanks!

posted over 5 years ago
New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I’d say, shorts underneath…just in case. But you can also wear leggings, pants, pedal pushers, and capris…depending on how they look on you.

posted over 5 years ago

kaitlindawn
Style_council
kaitlindawn

maybe some boyshirt underwear? or you could wear shorts maybe tights depending on what else you’re wearing.

posted over 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

A shirt dress that hits you mid-thigh doesn’t seem like much of a dress. At that point, isn’t it just a long shirt? I would suggest just treating it as such and sticking to slim or straight leg jeans if you’re tall enough to make it work. Otherwise, it might just not be a good length for you, which is the dress’s fault, not yours.

posted over 5 years ago

Tashhh
Style_council
Tashhh

Hahaha I feel like such a whore after reading these comments. A lot of my dresses are mid thigh (some even a little higher…) and I only sometimes wear something under (maybe tights). A couple days ago I wore a dark gray tshirt dress with navy over knee socks, light gray heeled oxfords, a hat and a scarf. I don’t know, I don’t think it’s absolutely necessary to wear shorts under, but if you would feel uncomfortable otherwise then go for it.

posted over 5 years ago

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

Eh, if it’s warm or hot out, I’d skip something underneath. Depending on my plans for the day, I mean. If I’m doing something that might risk a show, then I’d probably just save it for another day. And when it gets cold, I’d wear leggings or skinny jeans. And you can always tuck it into the jeans too, that’s a very cute look. (But please, no tucking shirts into leggings!!)

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION