Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
sequinpeaches
Style_council
sequinpeaches

So my senior prom is fast approaching and I’ve yet to find a dress. I’m trying to keep it CHEAP, as in under 100$, but the cheaper the better. Obviously Forever 21 is a good place to look but I’m looking for more suggestions of places I can shop online (I live in the middle of nowhere, the closest Forever 21 and H&M are a 6 hours drive). And I am not a fan of the glittery, poofy, neon, satin atrocities that other girls my age seem to favor, but I trust that if you’re on chictopia you share that sentiment!
Any and all advice is appreciated!

posted almost 5 years ago
cristinaraposa
Style_council
cristinaraposa

why dont you try online boutiques, therefore they can just ship it to you and save you the trouble of driving for 6 hours. Try to shop here in chictopia, they have some great finds. Also try ebay. ;-) Goodluck on your prom dress!

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

Don’t forget to look at other members’ items being sold through the chic shop.

jazzyhwang
Style_council
jazzyhwang

you can try…
ebay
here on chictopia
vintage stores near your home, and alter them how you want it

genebeeb
Style_council
genebeeb

modcloth.com has some gorgeous dresses.

aranell
Style_icon
aranell

try etsy.com! you need to set aside a couple of hours to look through the handmade and vintage stuff but I guarantee youll find something you love in your budget, and it’ll be totally unique! x

zee_ay_see93
Style_council
zee_ay_see93

I know that the name is kind of unnapealing and cliche, but http://www.unique-vintage.com/ ( unique-vintage(dot)com ) if the link like freaks our or something.

Some of the stuff is kind of expensive but there is some stuff around 100 dollars and under. It’s all really unique as well.

GOOD LUCK!! :)

flattery
Style_icon
flattery

I like jazzy’s idea. go to vintage stores in your city and find something you like, then you can get it altered. altering usually costs 50-70 dollars (for my dress at least). That way you can be sure it will fit perfectly and you wont get any surprises.

KrisTeezy
Style_council
KrisTeezy

I found my dress on ebay for about forty bucks. It fit really well and I stood out from the big ole gowns a lot of chicks wore. Etsy and unique-vintage.com as mentioned, are also good places to check out.

nobutterfly
Shop_seller_2 nobutterfly is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
nobutterfly

Ditto to all the girls, just make sure to be yourself and not buy anything just because it’s inexpensive. Might as well get just what you want or get something close and alter it a little.

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

E-B-A-Y.

cursed_kross
Style_council
cursed_kross

Like everyone says, check online places. I would also see if your city, state has a good website, cuz around this time of year there is some times a store opened just for selling/buying used prom dresses. Unless thats just my state XD

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

I noticed that a LOTTTT of stores are having sales. I got my prom dress at Banana Republic and it was only about $40 on sale from $200. Obviously it was a shorter dress but you should try going there. (:

But it’s your best bet to browse online.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION