Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
somethingsun
New_user somethingsun is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When somethingsun reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
somethingsun

ok i’m gonna be starting a few threads to get all my “petite winter” doubts out of my head and this is the first. i have never worn a pair of boots in my entire life and will soon be relocating to a much colder place. i work quite hard to look tall and would hate for the boots to undo it. so please help with:

1) the length of boots
2) the colour
3) how i’m supposed to wear leggings with them- what coloured leggings etc

keep in mind that i enjoy simple clothing and hate too many colours in one place (doesn’t help the height either). really hope to find some of you who’ve had my doubts in the past! my summer style is always sorted but winter makes me feel frumpy and AWFUL. thanks so much!
posted over 2 years ago
RachelPheasant
Style_council
RachelPheasant

I’m very petite (just 5 feet tall) and I feel the opposite! I always feel sexiest in colder months and frumpier in summer. I think and boots, especially wedge ones look good. If you deal with a lot of snow (I do) you can get gum sole wedge boots (these worked well for me http://www.havetohave.com/public_list_item/33560-cooperative-gumsole-wedge) which will prevent you from sliding around. I wear them with leggings all the time I wear thin long socks under them bunched up slightly so it just looks like the end of the leggings and there is no sock line. I hate color too so I usually get grey boots and pair them with black leggings.

posted over 2 years ago

somethingsun

10 points - Become a fan

somethingsun

thank you rachel. those really aren’t my type of boots- i prefer slimmer styles always, but nice to see that a short girl can feel good in winter! thanks for the tip about the sole – will have to keep that in mind. waiting for more replies.

posted over 2 years ago

RalucaMaria
Style_council
RalucaMaria

’m very petite (just 5 feet tall) and I feel the opposite! I always feel sexiest in colder months and frumpier in summer. I think and boots, especially wedge ones look good. If you deal with a lot of snow (I do) you can get gum sole wedge boots (these worked well for me http://www.havetohave.com/public_list_item/33560-cooperative-gumsole-wedge) which will prevent you from sliding around. I wear them with leggings all the time I wear thin long socks under them bunched up slightly so it just looks like the end of the leggings and there is no sock line. I hate color too so I usually get grey boots and pair them with black leggings.

posted over 2 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I disagree with some of the posts. I am 5 foot tall and love my knee high boots. The trick to finding perfect knee high boots which will thus help to elongate your legs and not cut them off to look shorter is to measure what shaft height you will need by basically measuring from your heel to just below your knee. Then look for boots that are within an inch of that number. Also measure around your calf so you can get a good fit that’s not too tight or loose. In my search I have found “knee high boots” that go from 18 – 20+ inches. But for me, the perfect shaft height is 13-14 inches, so I’ve found that a lot of mid-calf boots for “regular” height people work as knee high boots for myself.

As for the color, black is always a safe color that you can pair with just about everything. Black boots would look great and help elongate you when paired with dark denim and/or leggings.

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

knee-length boots with a heel definitely elongate your legs, but like peachypanda said, they should cut off below the knee—over-the-knee boots would probably have the opposite effect.

booties look fine, but I would avoid them if your legs are shorter/larger compared to the rest of your frame.

posted over 2 years ago

Mellanovha
Style_council
Mellanovha

Hi, I’m 4"11 and I think ankle boots would do the trick and when I wear high boots I make sure the have high heel and even tho I’m that short I love my flats too. You can play with textures and different fabrics too when it comes to clothing. Hope it helps

posted over 2 years ago

cecilej
Style_council
cecilej

here is a very simple trick, that you can use even in summer: the color of your shoes or boots must be close to the color of your skin or the pants you are wearing. if you wear heels, that will elongate the leg even more. if you’re used to wear black jeans or pants, choose a pair of black boots with heels, high if you can manage it, low if you’re not used to. in summer, you can wear a pair of beige sandals. fot the length of your boots, no matter how long they are, just make sure if you choose ankle boots that it does not make your legs look bigger.

posted over 2 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

I love my docs and I’m petite

posted over 2 years ago

TheChelseaBang
Style_council
TheChelseaBang

1) ankle boots
2) Any color really but i prefer black
3) i advise wearing black leggings only cause it goes with everything and as to how to wear it: just tuck it into the boot

posted over 2 years ago

AndreXoko
Style_council
AndreXoko

disagree with some of the posts. I am 5 foot tall and love my knee high boots. The trick to finding perfect knee high boots which will thus help to elongate your legs and not cut them off to look shorter is to measure what shaft height you will need by basically measuring from your heel to just below your knee

posted over 2 years ago

reginahoward
New_user reginahoward is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When reginahoward reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
reginahoward

cool boots. :)

posted over 2 years ago

clara101
Style_council
clara101

I love my boots, and as a petite, I can let you know that you can pretty much wear any pair of boots with the right tricks. Obviously, ankle boots look great on petites, so do calf length, but if you wear them with a skirt, make sure there is a gap between the hem and the top of your boots – if there isn’t one, you will look a lot shorter.

Knee high boots are easy to wear if you wear stockings/leggings/ pants that are the same colour (black boots, black pants), because then your legs will just look like one line of the same colour – which makes you look taller.

And of course, try to buy boots with at least a small heel, because every little inch helps!

posted over 2 years ago

somethingsun

10 points - Become a fan

somethingsun

thanks guys! wanna check out the ankle and just below knee, but if the ankle ones are too bulky i’ll stick with below knee. thanks for all your advice!

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION