Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
eternal
Style_council
eternal

I just bought a cute pair of lace floral tights (peach/pink) , but not so sure what to wear them with. Wearing them on my bare legs looks kind of weird. They look okay with black tights underneath. I’m short so I’m not sure if I could pull off shorts with them. It was an impulsive buy, but I know I can somehow work with them, I just need some help. thanks!

posted over 4 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

If you like the romantic look, my instinct would be to play up the inherent girliness of them (I mean, pink! floral! lace! tights! just screams “girl” to me :-P) and pair them with a girly skirt or dress. From what I’m picturing in my head, a ruffly skirt or an old-fashioned little-girl style dress or something could be really sweet.

On the flip side, they are probably a really good way to soften up an otherwise edgy rocker look, like over the black tights and paired with a mini skirt and a motorcycle jacket or something.

And don’t forget the shorts! Depending on the length/style, I can see it looking really cute, even if you’re short. If you’re not sure from just trying them on, you can do what I often do and take some experiment pictures— full body shots of you with the look— wait a day or so, and then look at the pics again to see what you think after having the time to think about it.

Also, in addition to black, have you tried layering them with other colors? You might want to give it a shot. I think layering tights, especially lace and textured tights, can come out so cool.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION