Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

Is it a bad style? Seems like many styles, it creates a lot of controversy.
Maybe black hose or tights would work with jean shorts?

Some seem to hate it with a passion, saying it looks like a granny but then some seem to think it is an awesome look.
I tried it with black hose and not sure how I feel about it.
What do you all think?

BTW if it matters I am in the USA. I know trends tend to vary from place to place.

posted over 2 years ago
KathleenCaring
Style_council
KathleenCaring

I think is works wonderfully.

posted over 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I don’t know how I feel about tights with denim shorts, but I do love them with khaki/tweed/leather shorts.

posted over 2 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I like it sometimes, I wear black pantyhose with dark or black denim and I think it looks good.

posted over 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

It’s ok. I liked it when it first came out, but mostly it just looks awkward. Or maybe I just feel awkward wearing it…

posted over 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I don’t really like it. plus, most of the time I’ve seen people do that, the shorts and the tights are shredded to bits.

posted over 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

I like it a lot and do it quite often! I like black opaque tights and I’m really starting to love sheer black tights with jean shorts. :)

posted over 2 years ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

I get about the torn jeans shorts and tights but I am not one to wear torn up clothing. I know some are made that way but it is not my thing.

Reading thru other threads about fashion and style though, I see that there are so many varying opinions on several things. Hose with shorts is a style I kind of like, as long as it is not too warm out.

posted over 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

Tights, not pantyhose. God, I can’t even imagine wearing pantyhose under denim shorts, that would feel so awkward. Tights are thicker and have more support, which is better under shorts.

I do it, mostly because I hate my legs, so I tend to cover them. Which is why almost all of my looks I’m in denim jeans or in tights. But, i do go around without the tights on with shorts. I like it, i think it can be edgy or feminine, depending on how you wear it.
I love a nice cuffed denim short over opaque black tights.

posted over 2 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

I absolutely love the look and can’t wait to wear it…

posted over 2 years ago

mare_santos
Style_council
mare_santos

dressy shorts

posted over 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION