Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Brenth
Style_council
Brenth

I have a ton of american apparel tees and some of their polos. Now I want to invest in some outwear to layer with the tees and polos.

I already bought two hoodies from Alternative Apparel (which by the way, fit great!) but I need some more creative wardrobe pieces.

I am definitely going to buy a blue cardigan from american apparel (thanks stealz_the_dealz) but what else should I buy?

I am really skinny (size XS in american apparel) so I really don’t know what other store sells cool outerwear. Please help =]

posted about 5 years ago
Brenth
Style_council
Brenth

I looked into Forever 21’s stuff quite a short time ago but they’re stuff is a bit too roomy for my liking.

I will check out the men’s formal store suggestion. I can probably get the coats tailored at the store.

Yeah, AA is good for basics but I wouldn’t spend TOO much on their stuff.

If this helps at all, I wear size 26 Rude Fit jeans from Hot Topic and they fit perfectly. And last time I measure I have a 30-32 inch chest.

posted about 5 years ago

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I’d say go for blazers, vests, sweaters, pullovers, button down cardigans, trenches, pea coats, leather jackets, rain jackets…whatever you want! The choices are endless!

With solid colored tees and polos, it’d look great with patterned and textured jackets/blazers. usually outerwear is a bit more expensive than other clothing options, but that’s also because it should last longer. so for higher end outwear, go for more established stores. but for cheap fashions, check out places like H&M, Zara, Forever21, etc.

As for stores, there’s always American Eagle, Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, Forever 21, H&M, Gap, Banana Republic, Hot Topic, Pacific Sunwear, Zara, Nordstrom, Burlington Coat Factory etc. Go into any store and just scope it out…if they have great things…good, if not, you can try another place. Sometimes, my guy friends find great deals and finds at the randomest places from thrift stores to department stores and sporting goods shops.

posted about 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

If you’re still young and still growing, now is not the best time to be investing in outerwear. Thrifting or fast fashion retailers (Zara, H&M, Topman, Uniqlo) will be your best bet because you can stretch your dollar for something that you need but you won’t really be able to keep.

But once you are ready to invest in some quality outerwear, you should hit two main bases first: one for everyday, one for something more dressed up. Think leather jacket and overcoat, peacoat and mackintosh, harrington and trench. A good quality coat that will last you through changes in trend and weather will be well worth your dollar once your body has settled and you’re ready to build your first serious wardrobe.

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION